Just purchased the dead ringer extract, will I like it?

Wow, just opened a bottle and i am very happy with how it turned out. First all centennial hop recipe.

Just bottled mine on Saturday - and the sample I used for my FG reading tasted delicious.
It’s going to be a long two weeks…

[quote=“pointyskull”]Just bottled mine on Saturday - and the sample I used for my FG reading tasted delicious.
It’s going to be a long two weeks…[/quote]

Drank a tester after 7 days, was delish!

[quote=“MaSheriff”][quote=“pointyskull”]Just bottled mine on Saturday - and the sample I used for my FG reading tasted delicious.
It’s going to be a long two weeks…[/quote]

Drank a tester after 7 days, was delish![/quote]

woo-hoo! Looks like I might be enjoying it sooner than later…

I have the AG kit coming in tomorrow and plan on doing this one on the weekend. For now, I’m planning on using the 09 yeast (starter) as I’ve used the 1056 for other beers before and I’ve not noticed a difference between the 2 so I figured I’d save a few $$$ and just use the 05.
But, I would appreciate comments on which one comes closer to Bell’s. We can’t get Bell’s here but a friend just brought some back from N. Carolina so I’m going to get my second taste at the real deal.

depends on your taste…
I just kegged a batch brewed about 3 weeks ago, tasted great. Should be ready to go in a few days

Well, I got a chance last night to taste a Bell’s Two Hearted. I really enjoyed it. Not the best beer I’ve ever had but very, very good and I could drink this all the time.
But, I’m still not sure which yeast to go with. Is the 1056 any closer to the real deal? Will I notice any difference?
Dead Ringer brewers, speak up! What yeast did you use and what did you think?

I’m convinced I’ll enjoy this either way. I find it hard not to enjoy the beer I make.

I’ve stated this before, I’ve never had the 2 hearted ale but I have always used US-05 on the kit. It is great because it leaves all the flavor to the hops and maltiness. I haven’t used any other yeast so I can 't say that the dry version is better. The way I make it is really really good, though!

No. US-05 and 1056 are exactly the same strain of yeast. I’ve split a batch between the two before out of curiousity and found no real difference between the yeasts.

Either will provide you with a “clean” fermentation, letting the Centennial hops shine through. My experience with this recipe and US-05 has been excellent.

Thanks for the info guys.
I’ve posted in this thread which mentions the extract version and I have the AG version but I certainly cant’ see that making any difference. I’m looking forward to giving this one a try. It’s got less grain than I would have guessed and I do love centennial and have made many cascadian (centennial) dark ales with it and it’s on the top of my hop list.

WOW!
Cracked my first bottle of Dead Ringer (which I have christened Swimming Gibbon for personal reasons) and it is fantastic.

Bottled on 07/07, clocking just over 7%. This is easily the best beer I have brewed so far.

Centennial hops provide a great aroma and a wonderful back-of-the-throat taste. Damn, did I really make this?

[quote=“pointyskull”]WOW!
Cracked my first bottle of Dead Ringer (which I have christened Swimming Gibbon for personal reasons) and it is fantastic.

Bottled on 07/07, clocking just over 7%. This is easily the best beer I have brewed so far.

Centennial hops provide a great aroma and a wonderful back-of-the-throat taste. Damn, did I really make this?[/quote]
I just sampled my Dead Ringer (got the AG bundle!) last night. next batch is gonna be 10 gallons. I loves it! I still get that “Did I really make this?” feeling with almost every new brew (the dill ale was horrible on its own).