Is my beer ready to dry hop after only 2 weeks?

i am currently 2 days into my second ferm. on swig of sunbeams doub. IPA extract kit. OG was 1.074, and i tested today and it is at 1.012 after being in 2nd ferm for 2 days only, a total ferm time of 15 days. They suggest dry hopping for 5-7 days before bottling. Should i start that now? I am just worried it might be to early, but my beer seems to be very close to the target ABV%. Any tips/suggestions well taken, being this is only my 4th batch. Cheers!

Even if you are at your target gravity, the yeast will still be cleaning up off flavors. I would leave a minimum of a week in your secondary. For my beers, I don’t transfer to secondary but leave in primary for 3 weeks, before transferring to a keg for carbing. Did you taste the sample you took? It may taste a little bit “hot” with only 15 days of fermentation, but that taste will be subjective. Which yeast did you use? I used the Omega West Coast I when I brewed this in 2017 and mine finished at 1.012.

:beers:
Rad

I just changed my post, I am really not sure why i said it was only fermenting for 9 days haha wow. So it was in primary for 13 days, and in secondary for 2 days, for a total of 15 days. I used 2 packets of rehydrated Safale US 05. and i did taste the sample, there are no off flavors and it seems a bit dry, but pleasently dry. It deffinatley has the slight bready taste, and the fruit aromas are there. I feel like after dry hopping it will taste right where it needs to be.

Oh good, I changed mine to match haha! Once I saw it was 15 days instead of 9, it should be closer to done and ready to dry hop I’d say. Let em ride for a week then bottle. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

Thanks for the advice, Cheers!