Is it ready for bottling?

So I started a Cream Ale a little over 2 weeks ago. The hydrometer readings have been 1.009 two days in a row. However, there is still some bubbling in the airlock once every minute and a half. The instructions say to bottle after two weeks in a primary. Am I ready to bottle? I just want to make sure since there seems to be some minimal activity in the airlock.

I ferment all my beers for 3 weeks in primary. By adding the extra week you pretty much assure fermentation is complete and it really eliminates the need for a secondary. That extra week helps clear the beer, and I’ve never needed to transfer to a secondary.

Leave in primary for 3 weeks, then bottle condition for another 3 weeks. That’s my system.

[quote=“reyrey1332”]I ferment all my beers for 3 weeks in primary. By adding the extra week you pretty much assure fermentation is complete and it really eliminates the need for a secondary. That extra week helps clear the beer, and I’ve never needed to transfer to a secondary.

Leave in primary for 3 weeks, then bottle condition for another 3 weeks. That’s my system.[/quote]

I agree with this statement ^^

Having said that, if you wanted to bottle now you should be fine. Just take another gravity reading tomorrow and make sure it didn’t drop. If it’s the same (1.009) you’re good to go. I would think you’re at the final gravity with that number.

You should be fine bottling now. The main considerations are: giving the yeast time to fully attenuate (consuming all of the fermentables it’s going to) and then time to clean up undesirable fermentation byproducts. Two weeks should normally be plenty of time for standard gravity batches. I’ve bottled several batches after only two weeks.

Consider that most commercial breweries complete the process even faster than that.