Irish red tastes a little light to me

I just opened a test bottle of my Irish red extract kit we bottled 2 weeks ago. It definitely needs more time to carbonate, but I also thought it tasted a bit watery. Definitely drinkable, but expected more flavor. Not sure if longer bottle conditioning will have any affect on taste. Oh well, maybe I am drinking too many hoppy IPA’s these days…

The amount of carbonation can definitely change the mouthfeel so give it some more time. I brewed that kit over the winter and thought it was pretty tasty. My wife even liked it and she drinks Lite.

Thanks, I will definitely give it more time. I was just curious and chilled one for a day to try. My 22 year old son said he liked the taste, so maybe it’s just me. This was also the batch I misread the Irish moss dosage and put 5 teaspoons in it. But if the 22 year old says it’s good…it will be consumed fairly soon after its ready.

Gotta gear up for the first all grain brew next weekend…

1 Like

Well, hopefully the amount of Irish moss cleared up your brew nicely… Sneezles61

1 Like

Looks very clear, maybe too clear. We will give it a couple more weeks then see what it tastes like.

Lessons learned.

2 Likes