Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Irish red ale extract kit

I brewed the 5 gallon extract kit, let it ferment in the primary for 2 weeks and it will be two weeks in the secondary this weekend. Is there any good reason to leave it in the secondary longer or can I bottle it up this weekend?

We are all out of home brew so I am itching to get some bottles going. But of course I would wait if recommended…

Thank you,

Tom

1 Like

I’d bottle, then wait… and wait… itching ever so badly to, well, cool a couple down to see if its ready… Don’t forget to brew some more since your fermenter is MT… Keep the pipe line flowing… Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks , yes I am planning to do an all grain batch soon. Probably the dead ringer ipa. Need to have foot surgery on Thursday so it may delay the next brew a couple of weeks. I will be supervising my two boys bottling up 2 batches this weekend. My older son did a peach wheat beer, plus my other son and I have the Irish red. We also have a Belgian tripel that has about 1 more month to condition before we bottle that. I was just saying to my son as I looked at 3 full carboys, so much beer but none to drink…we need to get better with the brew scheduling.

1 Like

Hydrometer hydrometer hydrometer! LOL Although it’s probably ready, the advice is to always check the FG to ensure it’s done. Consider me holding the reins of the bandwagon tonight…:cop:

1 Like

Thanks, yes I always check with the hydrometer before moving it to the secondary to be sure it’s complete. I always assumed the secondary was for " conditioning " but would maybe not change the SG .

1 Like

10-4! Insert Tom Petty lyric: “The waaaaaaiiiiiiitttiinnnng is the hardest part!” Enjoy!

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com