Inside brewing

Well the attached is what my brewing area looks like now. I have not brewed inside in about 7 years,any suggestions for a good recipe to boil inside?

Mfed

1 Like

try a short and shoddy ala Brulosophy? I saw one where they did a cold mash over night… Then a half hour boil… I don’t recall how the reviews were though…
Just be careful with Carbon monoxide in your home… Fans… venting…
I am envious of all that snow you have!
Sneezles61

I was hoping to do cook-top as to reduce the chance of death, unfortunately I have electric stove and a wife who would kill me if there are boil overs…

Then re-assure your wife, there will be no boil overs… :blush:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Snow you say… Asked my wife if we should go out for dinner, and she Said yes👍🏻

3 Likes

True dedication.

1 Like

You could pull off the burners, wrap the detachable metal parts underneath with aluminum foil, and then reassemble. Put down some aluminum foil on the stove top surface too.
That way, if you do have a boil over, the mess is much easier to clean up.

You should be able to reliably boil 3-4 gallons stovetop. So any 5-gal extract brew should be doable with top off in the fermenter. I also do 3-gallon BIAB on my kitchen stove. Just keep a rag handy to wipe down everywhere the steam condenses. And blast the exhaust fan.

1 Like

Aw Chefen, that is a great picture… of the northlands…
Maybe time to look at an electric brewing system Mr. M. ?
Sneezles61

I bought a small electric plate to brew on for use at our condo. It’s only big enough to do extract and takes a while to get to a boil. We have a glass top electric and I hate it. One reason is it is too easy to boils stuff over. My wife also would not be happy with nice sticky wort all over the kitchen.

I use it out on the porch where I can just hose it down but if you have a basement area that won’t be a problem with spills that might work. No CO worries with electric inside.

1 Like