How to handle unmalted grain calcs?

Last week I went to a farmers market and could not resist buying some stuff to add to brews. I got some totally raw honey and some grains, but they are certainly unmalted and I am not sure if they will doing anything for gravity contribution or not.

Rye Berries - these look just like brewing rye, but about 60% the size. Weird name.

Flaked rolled oats

Flaked barley

I guess for the oats and barley, I am not sure if these are fundamentally different than what you buy at a LHBS.

For the Rye, does this have any potential flavor or potential gravity at all?

I do use BeerSmith for my recipes

[quote=“560sdl”]Last week I went to a farmers market and could not resist buying some stuff to add to brews. I got some totally raw honey and some grains, but they are certainly unmalted and I am not sure if they will doing anything for gravity contribution or not.

Rye Berries - these look just like brewing rye, but about 60% the size. Weird name.[/quote]

“Berries” are what the whole grain kernel is called, as in wheat berries.

[quote=“560sdl”]Flaked rolled oats

Flaked barley

I guess for the oats and barley, I am not sure if these are fundamentally different than what you buy at a LHBS.

For the Rye, does this have any potential flavor or potential gravity at all?
[/quote]

The flaked grains could be used just as the flaked grains from the LHBS and added directly to the other mash ingredients.

The whole rye would need to be both milled and cooked to gelanitinize its starches before mashing, search “cereal mash”. At that point its contribution should be similar to using flaked (unmalted) rye.