How to add chilies to beer

im thinking of trying to make a chocolate stout and would like to add chilies to my beer to create a mole affect in the flavor profile any help on how to and when to add the chilies?

couple of options:

-my go-to: finely chop the chiles, cover in vodka, cover for 2 weeks, mesh strainer, add at packaging to taste. This will allow you the most control since you don’t know the scoville/heat of individual peppers and can’t know how hot they will be. If you keg (or go keg-to-bottle), this is even better, because you can add it to fully carbed samples to know how everything will behave together
-add chiles with slits to beer after primary fermentation, then taste every few days until the flavor is right, rack and package. Risks here are obviously overextraction and maybe contamination from all the sampling.

Good luck-

I prefer the vodka method, although it does not take 2 weeks. I have produced excellent results in as little as 5-6 hours, as long as the vodka is heated in the microwave for a few seconds until it is quite warm but not boiling. A few hours later, or overnight, add the vodka to your beer, and SHAZAM! Instantly spicy chili flavored beer. And you can add as much or as little of the vodka that you like. Personally I use ~2 peppers per gallon.

thanks for the help ill try the vodka