How much beer do you drink?

It varies for me but I usually have at least 2 pints if I drink after work. If I am off that weekend it is more. I love having my choice of 3 taps and bottles all in the safety of my home. :smiley:

So you don’t throw back 3-4 of a 4-6% abv stout, but will throw back 3-4 of a 8-9% hop bomb? Sounds like a Catch 22 to me… :mrgreen:

[quote=“Pietro”]

So you don’t throw back 3-4 of a 4-6% abv stout, but will throw back 3-4 of a 8-9% hop bomb? Sounds like a Catch 22 to me… :mrgreen: [/quote]

It’s not an alcohol thing…it’s more that some stouts are more filling to me. The body in some of them, particularly this Oatmeal Stout, is almost like a meal!

My beer study schedule is as follows. I’ve found that Wednesdays and Fridays are my thirstiest days during the week. I usually have 2-3 beers on Wednesday and try to be done by at least 7:00pm or the next day I will feel it ( Hangover sensitive ) . I’m lucky enough to live close to a really good bottle shop that seems to have bottle shares every other day so I’ve had to limit myself to weekend only visits there. Cheers !

• Good call on resurrecting this beast Edward Teach

[quote=“CobiaTower”]My beer study schedule is as follows. I’ve found that Wednesdays and Fridays are my thirstiest days during the week. I usually have 2-3 beers on Wednesday and try to be done by at least 7:00pm or the next day I will feel it ( Hangover sensitive ) . I’m lucky enough to live close to a really good bottle shop that seems to have bottle shares every other day so I’ve had to limit myself to weekend only visits there. Cheers !

• Good call on resurrecting this beast Edward Teach[/quote]
    My typical pattern is I drink the most on Tuesday nights during the week. Then Fridays and Saturdays I’ll usually hit it pretty hard. Really trying to keep it pretty tame during the week though, just Tuesdays tend to be the most. Probably because I don’t drink much on Sundays and Mondays.

[quote=“Catch22”][quote=“Pietro”]

So you don’t throw back 3-4 of a 4-6% abv stout, but will throw back 3-4 of a 8-9% hop bomb? Sounds like a Catch 22 to me… :mrgreen: [/quote]

It’s not an alcohol thing…it’s more that some stouts are more filling to me. The body in some of them, particularly this Oatmeal Stout, is almost like a meal![/quote]

I gotcha, I was just being a wisearse. I do find that I can throw back low-abv stouts (guiness, murphys or craft versions), especially if they are on nitro. Less CO2 in the gut leads to less fullness for me, which I one of the reasons I think these go so well with food. Oatmeal/lacto/Fx/RI stouts I am with you for sure.

If we go out for dinner somewhere that has good beer, especially on tap, one of us will stick to a couple or a few if they are not really big beers and have a meal to go with it. The Mrs. likes her beer almost as much as I do. At home I don’t worry about it since we took a buy out at work making for an early retirement so every night is Friday and every Day Saturday :smiley: We just returned from avoiding winter weather so not much in kegs here but do have some Trappist ale ready. I managed to tackle a four pack of Dogfish Head 90 to make up though.

Usually have one or two, once or twice during the week. Not much, I know, but my exercise regimen (some of it mandatory, some of it not) requires me to stay kind of sober during the week. Friday and Saturday nights I can let loose and have a few more than usual.

My wife enjoys certain beers too, but now that we’re expecting, she’s turned into my personal DD on the weekends. Don’t tell her I said that! :lol:

Used to be 2-3 a night on weekdays, god knows how many on weekends. Now with three little kids around, trying to keep it to one pint a night on weekdays. It’s actually causing nightly fights among the two oldest since they both like to pour the pints and now daddy’s not drinking enough for them to both have a shot at the taps. The four year old is constantly begging me to have another beer. Not sure yet if this counts as horrible parenting or not.

Not sure yet if this counts as horrible parenting or not.

That is hilarious. What a dilemma you have. I feel guilty about having my 15 year old daughter helping me on bottling day so I know the feeling.

I have about three bottles a night, sometimes, but rarely, one more on weekends. I don’t drink more since I’ve been home brewing again (January), but I sure am enjoying the process and the results are excellent, as good as or better than anything I can buy in the stores/bars.

[quote=“Hopsinheld”]Not sure yet if this counts as horrible parenting or not.

That is hilarious. What a dilemma you have. I feel guilty about having my 15 year old daughter helping me on bottling day so I know the feeling.

I have about three bottles a night, sometimes, but rarely, one more on weekends. I don’t drink more since I’ve been home brewing again (January), but I sure am enjoying the process and the results are excellent, as good as or better than anything I can buy in the stores/bars.[/quote]

you could switch to a 10 oz glass so you could drink 2 and keep the kiddies happy :smiley:

You should make a homemade root beer and throw that on one of the taps. That way, when you get one, they each get one, but only in limited quantities (for all of you!)

My kids, and all their crap, have already taken over 90% of the space in my house. They’re in control of everything from the car stereo (Frozen soundtrack on repeat, full blast, windows open of course) to the TV (Wild Kratts if I’m lucky, Calliou if god hates me that day) to the fact that 80% of our furniture is child-sized. I already live in a glorified dollhouse for the sake of these children, I’ll be damned if they’re getting a tap too!

Sorry to laugh at your pain; but I just about bust a gut when I read this. My kids are all about grown now; but I do remember those days.

empty nest here… so I can’t drink as much cause now I have to get them!! Not really, I do drink lots, not as for as a design, just tastes good! I quit smoking 10 years ago and didn’t realize how the beer tasted… I do enjoy most of all in the summer, late in the day by the recreational fire pit spanking down HOME BREWS ! Sneezles61 :cheers:

I drink between 50-70 beers a week. 2-3 bombers a day during the week usually sometimes more and then drink a few extra on the weekends. Like yesterday. …beautiful day outside and I was working around the house for several hours. Drank a Dead Ringer at 10:30, A Bud Light Lime around noon. Another Dead Ringer, then 2 Belgian Tripels, and finally 2 Caribou Slobbers. All 22 oz beers but the Lime.

Great I’m not alone…. :cheers: Sneezles61

Sometimes it’s 1-3 on a day or maybe none. Sometimes a lot if it’s a get together. I give a lot away, but then I brew a lot, and mostly brew standard batches. No shortage of beer. One thing that I love to do is savor, I call it that. I’ll pour one, sit and relax, and keep tasting it from cold to warm. It’s amazing the transformation of flavors just because of temps. Homebrew just tastes best. Great chat, now I have to prepare for a colonoscopy tomorrow, so no brew today. I’m asking you guys to drink my share…Cheers! B.C.

Had one 20 years ago. They gave me a valium and told me to hold on to the table. :shock: YIKES!

Had one 2 years ago and they knocked me out. 8)

Best nap you’ll ever have if they give you the same stuff they gave me. I forget what it’s called but it’s the stuff Michael Jackson OD’d on.

I’ll have a couple for ya tonight!

I’m pretty young, but I’ve had 2 colonoscopies. Preparation for those really sucks.

I probably won’t have any for you today, Old Guy. Sorry. Been out of work sick the last couple days, can’t really taste it much anyway.