How Many Taps do you have?

You’re ready if they drop the big one… you have a Beer Bunker! Que bellissima!

Gorgeous, Ken!

Two taps feels like not enough, but I’m pretty much the only one who drinks my beer and if I want to brew somewhat regularly, I have to keep my batches small (3 gallons) and fewer taps. Maybe if I had 3 or 4 taps with 3 gallon batches that’d be the sweet spot for more variety. I tend to get bored of what I have a lot…

This was something I envisioned for awhile but didn’t pull the trigger on. I was surprised how easy it was working with the shanks & nipples (HA, I said nipples) and the only real issue here was the holes made in the tile. I found a local tile guy who was nice enough to drill those holes (using a $200 drill bit) and charge me almost nothing. Otherwise, I had the tile leftover from a basement bathroom project, the grout left from a kitchen backsplash project and the wall adhesive was also leftover. As you see, I didn’t cut the tiles at all… 3 up and 3 across made it almost from the bar top to the ceiling and the rest was bullnose. Put a fridge/freezer on the other side of the wall and you’re gold. Cheers Beerheads.

I have four taps - the new version of the Perlicks. That seems like a good number in terms of my ability to keep them flowing and keep a good variety on tap. What I could use is a few more kegs. Since I brew lagers and like to lager in kegs for space reasons, I usually have a couple kegs tied-up with that in addition to the four on tap and one or two “on deck.” I have 8 kegs now, and I’m thinking I’d like to up that to 12. I’d also like to add another regulator so I can force carbonate my “on deck” beers in the lagering fridge.

You and I are remarkably similar, brewing-wise. I agree… 4 taps is good. I lager a lot and also could use some additional kegs but I wouldn’t be able to keep more of them cold unless it was winter. I have 7 now… 4 being served, 3 on deck (cold) with the cold storage space to also keep a secondary cold. When I see these guys with 12 taps I wonder how they have time to brew enough beer to keep all of those taps flowing. Someone I just talked with recently said they had 90 kegs. 90? Whoa!

Yugamrap - currently 10% off kegging stuff, including on a special of $44.10 for used ball locks at https://www.homebrewstuff.com/, with the discount = $39.69 per keg and they charge a flat rate $7.95 domestic shipping. I just got two more via a deal from Williams Brewing that ended a couple days ago, but this deal is better. I haven’t checked other sellers recently. This brought me up to 15 kegs, although I only have three taps, and room for a total of 6 ball locks in my kegerator. I think I have sufficiently reduced my fears of ball locks going thru the roof before I get enough for my needs. A LHBS nearby is charging $70 apiece for them cleaned and refurbished.

Mine is super simple, although I have regulators to dispense co2 at three different pressures to a total of 5 kegs (since I temporarily removed my nitro tap and gas), soon to be able to apply co2 to all 6 that fit inside. In retrospect I wish I had made it with 4 taps, but haven’t decided yet if I will make that change.

I have a keezer with 4 taps and a sanyo frig with 2 tower taps. It keeps me busy keeping them all flowing.

You and I are remarkably similar, brewing-wise. I agree… 4 taps is good. I lager a lot and also could use some additional kegs but I wouldn’t be able to keep more of them cold unless it was winter. I have 7 now… 4 being served, 3 on deck (cold) with the cold storage space to also keep a secondary cold. When I see these guys with 12 taps I wonder how they have time to brew enough beer to keep all of those taps flowing. Someone I just talked with recently said they had 90 kegs. 90? Whoa![/quote]
Yeah - sounds familiar! I really get in a jam in late summer when I have 3 or 4 kegs lagering in preparation for the annual “OktoBEERfest!” I have at my place. Cold storage isn’t too much of a problem for me, though - I have a separate fridge dedicated mostly to that. My bigger problem is that I don’t drink up the beer as fast as I like to brew it. Fortunately, my son and his wife live nearby and are happy to help out with that. I’ve returned to bottling a batch here and there so it’s a bit more portable and so I can give some of it away.