How long does a keg last in your home?

Whats the average time a keg lasts for you? im lucky if i get 2 days worth of brew before the keg gets kicked…might need to upgrade to 10 gallon batches :cheers:

I commend you for being a professional consumer of adult beverages.

Haha, well i’m the only one drinking my kegs (usually). Mine last about a month.

Really depends on a few things, what it is, how many are on tap, and if people visit. On average about two weeks, if I have a full three kegs one my wife likes one I like and a compromise than I can get about two months off all three.

This number drops drastically during football season, I tend drink a bunch during Packer games and Badger games.

Damn…i feel like an alcoholic now.

A month for most.

Not long enough.

I hear you…5 hour brew day…3-4 week wait…keg kicked 2 days…i gotta start brewing 10-20 gal batches to keep up

Maybe you should if you can go though the equivalent of 2 cases in 2 days.

I keep 3 kegs on tap at a time and usually get at least 2 months out of each one.

Maybe you should if you can go though the equivalent of 2 cases in 2 days.

I keep 3 kegs on tap at a time and usually get at least 2 months out of each one.[/quote]

I have to justify myself denny and say that my brother helps out …so its actually 1 case :wink:

Three to four months is probably average for me. I’ve had one go in as fast as a month and I’ve got another that’s been on for about five months now. Takes me a while because I don’t normally drink Mon-Thur, my wife doesn’t drink beer and I normally have six kegs online to draw from.

A 3-4 weeks. I drink commercial beers, too. I have a keg of a wheat beer that is almost empty and we brewed that back in February.

The kegs last a long time in my house, the contents…not so much.

Just kidding…a keg will last about 3 months in my house if I don’t share. If my mom and dad visit, the keg will last only 1 week.

So many variables… Visitors, time of year, type of beer, etc.! I’d say on average about 1 - 1.5 months.

I have 6 to 8 on tap at all times and figure I change a keg every couple weeks, but I have help as often as possible.

Average of 3 to 4 weeks for me. I have 2 beers on tap, 4 gallon batches, and I pretty much drink only homebrew unless I go out somewhere for beers. And it’s usually only me drinking the beer, occasionally a friend or my girlfriend will have some. I typically drink 1-3 pints a day.

Just gotta say… respect man, with the bill hicks avatar…best comedian this world has ever known…cheers

Two things happened to slow down my keg consumption rate. First I am on 12 hour sifts, no drinking on days I have to work. Second, my son is not here to help me lower the keg level.
In the summer one five gallon keg can last about two months, in the winter, three months or better. I don’t partake of elixir of barley and hops as much in the winter months although I should. It might be better getting through these dreadful winter blahs in a drunken stupor.

Just gotta say… respect man, with the bill hicks avatar…best comedian this world has ever known…cheers[/quote]
Agreed. I only wish I’d have known about him when he was alive. Of course, I was only something like 11 when he died, so I likely wouldn’t have cared anyway, sadly.

As far as homebrew goes right now, I have 3 batches fermenting and 2 kegs on tap. I’m worried I’m not going to drink my beer fast enough, I don’t want the fermenting beers to sit on the yeast for too long. I’m sure 6 weeks is fine though…but that means I need to take a break from brewing for a few weeks. Damn!

[quote=“Bier brauer”]It might be better getting through these dreadful winter blahs in a drunken stupor.
[/quote]
Yes, but it keeps the weight down to not drink as much in the winter. I bike commute plus ride a lot in the warmer months. In the winter, I usually put on a little weight because I’m not going for long rides after work. I should really cut back in the winters a lot.

1-2 months per keg. But I usually have four on tap at once, so occasionally I’ll have all four “kick” within days of each other. That sucks.