How famous is Denny?

by making awesome beer, designing great recipes, winning lots of comps, writing great articles, sitting on the AHA governing committee, being a champion of the notion that you don’t need $500/$1000/$5000 worth of equipment to make award-winning beer, and of course, patiently answering questions like “SHOULD I RACK MY BEER OFF THE YEAST AND START MY SECONDARY NOW?” from wet-behind-the-ears brewers like us.

A model citizen of homebrewing, if you will :slight_smile:

Memory Lapse Pale Ale is not a denny conn recipe. It is Ken Lenard’s.

http://www.freewebs.com/kenlenard/recipes.htm

just trying to give credit where credit is due.

So famous, but still has time for us small folk.

[quote=“JPR”][quote=“Denny”]:oops:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Being a famous homebrewer is great…that and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee! :wink: [/quote]

Are your recipes up for the public to see and make? I checked your site, didn’t see them. I have been looking for two certain recipes…seeing if you made something similar.

:slight_smile: [/quote]

several of them are here…

http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BeerRecipes

What are you looking for?

Dude, that right there is a GREAT attitude and the reason behind a lot of what I do. I’ve gotten so much help from so many great people through the years that I just want to give back a bit of that.

Bring it on! :slight_smile:

Isn’t that Ken Lenard’s recipe?

We’re ALL small folk.

Isn’t that Ken Lenard’s recipe?[/quote]

I will never not be embarrassed about this. Ken and Denny, I am sorry. Still good, though :wink:

I was at a monthly brew club meeting a little while back, and we were discussing the pros and cons of various MLT’s and one of the guys (he’s kind of a snob) said “the only real way to make great beer is with a SS MLT and a long fly-Sparge.” there was the usual mumbles, and so I said, no. If it’s good enough for Denny Conn, it’s good enough for me. All if a sudden us was like David just beat Goliath!!! He conceded and now he says he only batch sparges. Hahah.

While that is a true story, it probably doesn’t even begin to explain the contributions he, and a few others, have made to this community and our passion.

Thanks Denny. And cheers, hopefully someday I can buy you a beer.

I’ve had many a $0.05 cup of coffee at Wall Drug. But I don’t miss SD winters.

His restaurants are great too. Can’t figure out why they don’t serve beer though :slight_smile: I mean, why can’t I get breakfast stout with my skillet??

What!?!? A Denny’s with a bar? Too bad all they serve is BMC, oh, and Blue Moon, same thing