How famous is Denny?

My brother just informed me that he and his wife are expecting their first child. He asked me if I would be willing to brew a special beer for him. He said that he even had a recipe in mind. I was a little surprised to hear that. He has helped me brew once or twice and he always enjoys what I make but I never thought he would come to me with a recipe.

Then he said that the recipe was kind of famous and that maybe I had heard of it. He said it was a Bourbon Vanilla Porter that was named after some homebrewer but he couldn’t remember the name. So I asked, you mean Denny Conn?

I was really surprised that he was requesting a recipe that I had heard of but since it was one from Denny I guess I shouldn’t have been.

I think Denny will confirm that his level of famousity is somewhere between Kim Kardashian and Kathy Griffin.

Had to get it in there Denny :cheers:

he’s pretty famous amongst the brewing community, and probably the most famous homebrewer. His vanilla bourbon porter is a fantastic recipe (as are all of his recipes). He hangs around this forum quite a bit, and im sure we will hear from him soon. He’s taught me a lot over the years via forums.

+1 to the VBIP recipe

:oops:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Being a famous homebrewer is great…that and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee! :wink:

Denny who?

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Being a famous homebrewer is great…that and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee! :wink: [/quote]

Not at Starbucks!

I don’t know how famous Denny is, but I heard that he’s leaving town and the College of Cardinals is waiting for one more in Rome. Coincidence hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Think about it.
He has always been a great source, and very understanding to people just getting started like me. He’s helped my conversion to AG batch sparging, yes I even have a blue cooler,without ever being condescending. Someday I hope to buy him a beer as thanks.

C’mon, it’s not like the guy has a yeast strain named after him… :roll:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Being a famous homebrewer is great…that and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee! :wink: [/quote]

Are your recipes up for the public to see and make? I checked your site, didn’t see them. I have been looking for two certain recipes…seeing if you made something similar.

:slight_smile:

Denny and I went to different schools together

[quote=“JPR”]Are your recipes up for the public to see and make? I checked your site, didn’t see them. I have been looking for two certain recipes…seeing if you made something similar.[/quote]Here’s a link to some of the more popular ones:

http://beerdujour.com/DennyConnRecipes.html

[quote=“JPR”][quote=“Denny”]:oops:

Are your recipes up for the public to see and make? I checked your site, didn’t see them. I have been looking for two certain recipes…seeing if you made something similar.

:slight_smile: [/quote]

Most of his recipes are on here if you search.

Rye Smile IPA

Waldo Lake Amber

Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter

The first two are NB kits

We will get Denny in the White House come 2016! Besides fixing the mess we are all in,he will show them boys how to brew the true brew!

Hey, I was gonna say that. :lol:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “When I grow up I wanna be just like Denny”.

Denny invented batch sparging with a blue cooler. Everyone knows that. Sheesh! Of course he’s a famous dude!

Every one can get on cup of coffee of $.05 at Wall Drug (free if you are/were in the military). Don’t let your head get to big. :smiley:

Denny’s has shown many an easy way to make great beer.

I only hope that I can give a little bit of my knowledge (10% of his) to the new brewers.

More famous then macaulay culkin at a michael jackson slumber party

I have considered mailing him a beer he dissed the recipe of, because it came out great. I felt he needed to taste it to realize :lol:

I recommend his Memory Lapse Pale Ale for a quick turn-around spring ale. Mine magically disappeared before I could have more than five of them.

In all seriousness, how did Denny gain such notoriety?