Hop Addition Recommendation

Hey all!
My wife is a fan of the NB cream ale kit. She asked me if there was a good hop addition to add a hint of citrus aroma without too much extra bittering. We have been mostly doing the 1 Gallon recipes lately, so recommendations for the small batch would be appreciated.
I was thinking of adding a little cascade at the end of the boil, but am not sure how much to add. I would love to know of some other options as well. Thanks for helping!

If you add to the end of the boil, you’ll get very little added bitterness. Cascade was the first hop that came to my mind, but you could try Columbus or Centennial instead. How much depends on how much flavor you want. For a one gallon batch of cream ale, I wouldn’t recommend more than 1/4 oz, and very possibly less. But you can also adjust for future batches.

I would consider just dry hopping with the hop you choose, if you want it to be primarily perceived through aroma.

My recommendations:
-Centennial (orange/tangerine)
-Amarillo (tangerine)
-Mosaic (will be a bit floral along with citrus)
-Citra (though certain crops can give a allium/garlic/cat pee, so I might avoid, even though you are probably ok just doing as a dry hop)
-I would not recommend CTZ or Chinook as they are primarily dank/allium.

Thanks for the response guys! I’m about to do an IPA and then a pilsner. After that I’ll try the modified cream ale. I’ll let you know how it goes!

[quote=“chuckawood”]Hey all!
My wife is a fan of the NB cream ale kit. She asked me if there was a good hop addition to add a hint of citrus aroma without too much extra bittering. We have been mostly doing the 1 Gallon recipes lately, so recommendations for the small batch would be appreciated.
I was thinking of adding a little cascade at the end of the boil, but am not sure how much to add. I would love to know of some other options as well. Thanks for helping![/quote]

I have a cream ale recipe, that I haven’t brewed yet, that I bought wakatu hops for. Their description is flowery with a hint of lime zest.