Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Honey Wheat IPA

I have some wheat LME that I need to use up, and wanted to make a light, summer IPA using the wheat LME and some honey to dry it out. I was hoping some of you would let me know what they think of the following recipe:

Honey Wheat IPA
5.5 gallons
OG: 1.062
IBU: 67.3
Color: 6.9 SRM

Fermentables
6lbs Wheat LME
2lbs Extra Light DME
1lb Clover Honey (added 3 minutes left in boil)
.75lbs Honey Malt

Hops
1oz CTZ (14 AAU) @ 60 min
.5oz Centennial (8 AAU) @ 20 min
.25oz Citra (12 AAU) @ 20 min
.5oz Centennial (8 AAU) @ 10 min
.25oz Citra (12 AAU) @ 10 min
.5oz Centennial (8 AAU) @ 5 min
.25oz Citra (12 AAU) @ 5 min
.5oz Centennial (8 AAU) @ 1 min
.25oz Citra (12 AAU) @ 1 min
2oz Centennial dry-hop

Yeast
US-05

Thanks in advance to all responders!

That should work. :cheers:

I think you are making the hop additions way to complicated IMO. Why not combine the 20/15, and the 10/5 minute additions. I really think the difference between adding 1 oz at 20 Mins instead of 0.5 at 20 and 15 min wont be noticeable in the final product. I could just be lazy though.

There is no 15 minute addition. There’s a 20, 10, 5 and flameout.

I brewed this two days ago. The boil smelled great. I’ll post back on here with the results when it’s ready.

Looks good. I would have dry hopped with Citra or both. Other than that… looks tasty!
:cheers:

So I ended up brewing this a few weeks ago. Last night I racked it to the secondary fermenter, and dry-hopped it with 1 oz of Centennials, and 1 oz of Citras.

Even without the dry-hops the aroma was amazing! The gravity sample tasted nice as well. I’m feeling good about this beer. I’ll keep you posted on the final results.

Mmmmmm… citra.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com