Homebrew and heartburn

Dude, just do it. I did. It’s no BS. I am not a health nut. No heartburn or bloating anymore. I feel great. I lost 20lbs, but I added probably another 10lbs of muscle mass. All this from a $50 weight set from a garage sale and treadmill. Beer tastes better, I can breathe easier, don’t get sick much, boosts confidence and libido. I am also finding projects around the house are getting done…

The only side effect I have noticed from drinking homebrew is hurrendous gas…I need to go buy a dog so I can blame it on him…

I just wanted to throw out a natural supplement that helps with heartburn/reflux: chewable papaya tablets. When I get that knife through the chest feeling, I chew up two or three papaya’s and the pain subsides. Better than Rolaids or Tums both in taste and effectiveness. I get mine at Tunies or Whole Foods.

Ginger and mint also help

Interestingly, I had a very similar experience with NB’s Belgian Dubel recipe. I really liked the beer, but found that it gave me acid reflux. I noticed it from the very first sample (I drink my gravity samples). It was too bad because I loved the beer. I don’t get it on many other beers though. All I could think was that it might have been a mild allergic reaction to that particular yeast.

Just wanted to leave an update. I recently saw the doctor about all my heartburn issues. She gave me some Nexium samples that do seem to work a lot better than the omeprazole. I just have to get my insurance company to agree to cover it. The other thing she recommended was a probiotic. Gotta say the probiotic has made a huge difference. Less gas, less bloating, less random stomach pains. I could post this in that beer poops thread that was around a couple of weeks ago too. It seems to help with that issue as well.

I used to have heartburn too, but for me it was caused by being overweight. Fortunately I just had a tonsillectomy and had to go on a soft food diet for awhile and lost 15# . Once i fall below a certain weight I just don’t have heartburn anymore. I’m sorry your heartburn is so severe; hopefully you are able to find a solution.