Help with Blackberry wheat recipe

Hi all

This is the first recipe that i have put together on my own (gotten different things from different recipes) please i would appreciate your feed back on what will work or something to better it.

6.3 lbs of Wheat LME
2 lbs of Amber LME

1/2 lbs - 2 row Malt
1/2 lbs - crystal 20 L

2oz - Hallertau pellets
1/2oz - saaz hops

Wyeast 3056 Bavarian Wheat Ale yeast

1 tsp - Irish moss

PROCESS:

Steep grains at 155 for 45 min

After coming to a boil add malt extracts and Hop pellets for another 60 min
At 30 min add the Irish moss
then 15 min before end of the boil add saaz hops

Then at the end of boil cool down and add water to make total gallon size 5 gallons
put in blackberry juice (or maybe blackberry purree not sure which one im doing yet) to the primary and let it ferment for about a week or until fermentation slows then go to secondary

What do you guys think good, bad your input will help

Thank you and of coarse cheers

Overall, looks pretty good. The malts and hops choices should give you a nice, malty profile that will meld well with the blackberry flavor. There are though a couple changes you might want to consider. I don’t know what the AA rating of your hops are, but the bitterness might be on the high side for this. You may also want to reconsider your yeast choice, as 3056 might be overpowering with banana and cloves unless you keep the fermentation cool. An American wheat yeast strain may be more appropriate.

Lastly, I would recommend you wait to add the blackberry juice or purrie until after the fermentation is mostly complete (you are within a couple of points of FG). That will spur some additional activity, but will minimize the amount of aromatics that will be blown away by the activity of the fermentation.

rebuiltcellars makes good points. And I also would hold off on the puree addition until near the end of fermentation. If using puree, a good rate seems to be in the 1/4lb-1/2lb per gallon range.

for the hops i think im going to go with .5oz each hop addition.