Hazey or not

ive had some people over and they seem to think an IPA needs to be hazy. I know thats not true but if that is whats acceptable know no sense in irish moss and cold crash. all else being the same how would that affect my product a west coast IPA. Im going to do my standerd method for now but I do have 2 “kits” measured out so if I dont get a consensus maybe the next ill try without fining

Here’s another one of those “I know” type scenarios…. Clear or cloudy, if it’s a great brew, why should it matter? put your next brew in a ceramic mug and tell them, this IS how a brew is suppose to be enjoyed… Let the nose and the taste buds be the judge…
Sneezles61

well my point is if its acceptable and doesnt change the beer why work to make the beer clear. I prefer looking at a crystal clear beer personally. Tells me something about the brewer

How good the brew was… or wasn’t? Some sit so long, they naturally clear up… (:
Sneezles61

True but if you wait on an IPA you miss the hop sweet spot one of the reasons for a hazy I suppose

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more on the IPA styles… mmmmm hops!
Sneezles61

I didn’t use finings with my hazy ipa’s when I was cranking them out years ago. Seemed counter-intuitive. I just recently started cold crashing hoppy beers for reasons documented elsewhere. I would likely not cold crash a hazy.

I like a West Coast Ipa better than a hazy anyway, clear or not……I guess preferences change.

1 Like

its gotten to the point when Im out and try a new IPA off the board its a hazy and very dissapoint

1 Like

Hey Voodoo, we’re you able to watch the lift off last night… with a hazey brew?
Sneezles61

It was like the boy that cries wolf, a 1 AM launch after two false alarms, I slept through the thing. Didn’t even hear it. :zzz::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Personally, I like them both, but I’ve always been a sucker for a nice crisp bitter west coast DIPA. There are a ton of juicebombs out there these days that are delicious. I’ve brewed both styles, have stopped fining the hazy’s entirely, still come out pretty clear usually by the bottom of the keg.

:beers:
Rad