Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Hard time getting NB order

Has anyone else had a hard time getting their order from NB the last few weeks?

I put an order in 2 weeks ago on June 11th and still have not received it. After the first week, I politely asked why my order wasn’t sent yet and they said they have “had some challenges the last month and a half” Totally understandable.

But now we are 2 weeks out and they are not answering my attempts at communication and I still have no order. Very disappointing

That’s not too re-assuring…
I’ve been ordering old MC parts from all over the US… seems from the west side, it’s quite quick… the east side is a different story…
I hope they pull through now… keep us in the loop.
Sneezles61

1 Like

Interesting. I’m anxious to hear back from them. I’m a very patient and understanding person but I don’t appreciate them not fulfilling my order relatively close to the “get it by date” and then not providing any communication about when the order will be sent.

I had a similar experience but it did eventually come. They gave me a credit toward next order and emailed me about the delay.

1 Like

So I’ve had it happen twice in a row now.

Last order, came a week late, they took it upon themselves to email me to inform me, and then offered $10 off a future order.

This most recent order still hasn’t come. In fact, it hasn’t even shipped! I have two young kids, so my time is rarely free. I ordered in what would be the normal amount of time to allow me to brew on a day off (for Juneteenth). I emailed immediately just to see if it would arrive in time, they came back and said unfortunately they were a few days behind schedule and it would almost assuredly not be there in time.

Ok, it would have been a tight-but-doable timeline, so I could accept that. So, then I took off this coming Friday by using a vacation day, and it still hasn’t even shipped! I emailed last week because this was concerning, and I got what felt like the runaround. Original order was on June 13 at 8:55am EST, and when I hadn’t heard anything by June 24, I reached out again.

They said it was originally slotted to ship on June 16th, but they are about a whole week behind. They said they brought in additional workers to help get caught up, but offered to cancel my order with a refund if I wanted.

Unfortunately I don’t live in an area where my LHBS’s have a great/reliable supply of grain, so I am sort of at their mercy. Going to try to reschedule my vacation day from work (to next weekend) so that I can actually achieve my goal of… ya know… actually brewing beer. Though they have been super polite, I am quite underwhelmed and unhappy. If it hasn’t shipped by tomorrow or Wednesday, I will probably cancel it and order from a different vendor in hopes that I can get it within 10 days. Regardless, I may not be shopping with NB for a while, it’s been frustrating and I have not received any sort of reassurance anywhere.

1 Like

When yer bread and butter is on-line… yer credibility is… on-the-line too… the home brewers are seem to be patient… that’s good… pre-task planning is also part of home-brewing… getting a day set aside, aligning the stars for the day to fire up the kettle… quite a feat you folks with children and work need to be conscience about…
I hope this is just a bad anomaly for NB and they get back to their greatness… I’ll remain optimistic for yer orders fellow brewers!
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve definitely had shipping delays from NB, starting around the time they ceased to be independent. Definitely before COVID, and all the other supply chain related difficulties. So can’t blame that, not entirely anyway.

1 Like

Anyone is subject to small mistakes here and there. But this is extreme and relatively new. I asked for an update yesterday, still haven’t gotten a response. This is out of hand

1 Like

Wow this is really surprising out of NB. Usually their service is top of the line. @nb_cs_tj @NBCustomerService any insight or help?

2 Likes

Just got my email update. It has apparently shipped, should arrive by Friday (July 1), which represents 18 total days from order being placed. Better late than never.

Still not super thrilled that they didn’t seem to care. Again, there’s only so much they can do, I get it. But offering to cancel my order if I wanted to… That’s all the assurance or “compensation” they offered. I don’t need anything special, but wouldn’t it be nice if they offered to up the shipping speed one level for free? Anything to make me feel like I matter as a customer. Is NB now too big to fail, where they don’t care about any single customer?

Plenty of small independents around that would appreciate your business I’m sure.

1 Like

I agree. 18 days is unacceptable. Hopefully they can pull it together.

I just placed an order for 2 batches this morning as they are running a 4th of July sale through Tuesday. Will see how things go with mine. This is the first I have heard of this from NB, but I can assure you they are not the only ones running into manpower and resource issues. Our family business has been continually running into component shortages over the last 6-9 months that we haven’t had issues with in literally 20-30 years (moreso in the last 2-3 months especially) and it’s super frustrating when I have the orders and the employees willing to work overtime to get things out the door, but we can’t get components from our vendors. I’m very curious what all the supply chain disruptions will do to the just in time approach to production in general longer term.

:beers:
Rad

Well the JIT model only works when you can predict demand. People seem surprised. Economists predicted all along there would be problems restarting the economy after a almost total shut down. Just like the 08 recession was still being worked out 10 yrs out then the pandemic now world war. Its going to take awhile.

I ordered a shirt fit to be worn on the 4th of July in the beginning of June… it won’t make it now…. Disappointing….
Sneezles61

I order things online and really haven’t had much problem except with Amazon. Walmart delivery has been excellent. I ordered a new piano stool recently and it came two days before it was scheduled. Also HD is quick. A couple brew suppliers I use have been very quick as well

I some times wonder… when will a global supplier not be one?
I believe the “old school” thought…. Make due with what’s on hand is do-able…
Sneezles61

Updating this thread, I just got my notification of shipment on my order today, 15 days after placing it. I just put two new kegs in to carb, so I should have plenty of time to get these brewed and ready before those kick.

:beers:
Rad

Just curious, @loopie_beer did they ever respond to you?

No. I’m not sure how much they monitor this forum. Especially if they’re short handed and getting orders out soooo slowly.

1 Like
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com