Groupon - $64 for Beer-Making Starter Kit and Ingredients

Groupon

has a pretty great deal right now. The package includes:

A brewing essentials equipment kit (a $56.95 value)
A steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value)
Choice of an irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
An instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
A $25 gift certificate for a second batch

A $12 shipping fee is not included in the price of this Groupon.

Excellent first post! Thanks!

Very Nice! Too bad I already have all that stuff.

You do realize you are posting this on the Northern Brewer forums… correct?

Hey, Northern Brewer is more than welcome to have the same deal! We wouldn’t mind.

I didn’t realize we never did anything through groupon. I’ll talk with the people and Customer Service and Marketing to see what we can do.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I also like that you created an account just to post on there. There are a lot of links and suggestions to purchase items that either are cheaper than NB or are not offered by NB.

Good luck, you could also tell them that they should build a store in Duluth MN.

[quote=“brew_glue”]Groupon

has a pretty great deal right now. The package includes:

A brewing essentials equipment kit (a $56.95 value)
A steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value)
Choice of an irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
An instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
A $25 gift certificate for a second batch

A $12 shipping fee is not included in the price of this Groupon.[/quote]

they rack in a lot of business with these and get a lot of new people started in homebrewing to. They have did this multiple times already and the store gets pretty hectic at times with people coming in for it. They had a lot of space set aside just for these deals. Last time they did it I beleive it was almost 1000 of them, sometimes they put a cap on how many they sell

Hey, if it gets more people brewing, great.

gets a lot of people brewing, now how many stick with it who knows.

I wish they made some of them that are not directed towards the newbie.
I bought this last time they had it just for the extra buckets and gift card, but not a huge fan of the kits.

I think the original poster created an account JUST so they could post that link on there. Plus if somebody clicked on the link, then bought the groupon, they could have gotten free money on their groupon account.
I don’t mind them posting a deal like that, but looks kind of funny when it is your very first post.

[quote=“HummelBrew”]I think the original poster created an account JUST so they could post that link on there. Plus if somebody clicked on the link, then bought the groupon, they could have gotten free money on their groupon account.
I don’t mind them posting a deal like that, but looks kind of funny when it is your very first post.[/quote]

if enough people sign up from that link he/she probably got a ton of groupon bucks

This is a really great deal, I would truly love it if Northern Brewer did this!

Well, this is a danger inherent in any forum these days. No real harm done,especially if NB would consider a Milwaukee Groupon deal sometime.

Wow.
It might be that the original post came from somebody enthused to be getting a starter kit and relatively new to brewing, anxious to share the joy.
Just putting that out there. How many members also support a local brew shop? I don’t think exclusivity to NB is a requirement for membership here.

Thanks for sharing.

[quote=“harpdog”]Wow.
It might be that the original post came from somebody enthused to be getting a starter kit and relatively new to brewing, anxious to share the joy.
Just putting that out there. How many members also support a local brew shop? I don’t think exclusivity to NB is a requirement for membership here.

Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

Looks like spam to me. I bet you won’t see another post from he/she.