Great deal on glass carboys. FREE Shipping $30.00

My local Co-op has 5 gallon carboys of water for $10 or $15. You get brewing water, plus a carboy…
Yes, they’re glass.

I would be a fool not to ask but if your LBHS is selling these WITH water for $15 off the shelf I would have to ask a shipping price. You never know. It MIGHT be a good deal to have them ship it. Or another thought would be if I bought one from them would they drain the water out and then ship it? That would seriously cut into the shipping price and we both win. Any thoughts on this?

If the hbs is 100 miles away, isn’t that about the same thing as “across the country”? Plus its gonna add shipping and handling costs onto it so it wouldn’t be just a few extra bucks, more like $15 to $20 added on.

Jes say’n.

“My local Co-op has 5 gallon carboys of water for $10 or $15. You get brewing water, plus a carboy…
Yes, they’re glass.”

What co-op is this and do they care whether they never come back?

If the hbs is 100 miles away, isn’t that about the same thing as “across the country”? Plus its gonna add shipping and handling costs onto it so it wouldn’t be just a few extra bucks, more like $15 to $20 added on.

Jes say’n.[/quote]

no, that completley depends on shipping costs and what your getting.

[quote=“ProzHack”]“My local Co-op has 5 gallon carboys of water for $10 or $15. You get brewing water, plus a carboy…
Yes, they’re glass.”

What co-op is this and do they care whether they never come back?[/quote]

That was my thought too. Is there a deposit on the bottles? If there is a deposit then it really isn’t any different than “buying” a keg of bud and never returning the empty. If there’s no deposit than that is a great deal.

Paul