Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Grapes from your garden

I think frost does improve the sugar content, temperatures in that range in general. Certainly with citrus, back when we actually could grow citrus here in Florida :disappointed:, a freeze was devastating; a light frost was actually good for the citrus crop flavor…

1 Like

So… we are getting warmer… and you are getting cooler down there?
We are a bit ahead of the “average” frost date… Another frost again last night… I may need to pick this W/E… I’ll pick up some wine yeast today…
Sneezles61

Well my Riesling grapes obviously none this year. The wild Concord grapes are tiny. I need to cut them back. Not sure about making wine with Concord grapes but maybe use them to add astringency to cider

We have a small bunch of concords growing in the back… That are way up in the pines… with a good amount of fruit… I suppose I should pull them down… and get them tamed and trimmed…
Many centuries ago, I made, what amounted to 3 gallons of wine from them… turned out at 14%!!
Did I ever tell about my purple gloves from that episode? You should really wear gloves if you like to break the skins open… I mean really…
Sneezles61

I will wear plastic bags on my feet

1 Like

Then yer making… “Jam”? :joy:
Sneezles61

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com