Grain shipping

I get my sacks locally but was hoping to get some specialty grains on line. I hate paying shipping. Anyone hear about deals?

More beer is always good for this problem. I think $59 is free shipping and if you buy less than a sack quantities (10 lb) they still ride free. You can buy 5 10lb packages and they still go free.

1 Like

I jus ordered from Williams. Grains about $1/lb cheaper with $7.99 flat rate no threshold

Yeah just got to play with each site. Some may offer free shipping (yeah right- shipping is figured in to the price) and some offer flat free. Then on top of that I’m close to a competitor who offers neither but offers great prices and is close so shipping is never much more than flat rate unless you’re ordering A LOT.

Perhaps then I’m lucky to be close (4 miles) from our local brewery… I buy bulk from them… Did get some hops once… Not sure why I don’t get more…
Sneezles61

well i have a brew store where i get my sacks and gas. I had another but they where a victim of the pandemic. They opened an attatched brewery and now are full of themselves. I find their brews mediocre. So where as I am normaly a big advocate of buying local that respect goes both ways.

1 Like

I had some Hard Seltzer at our local one… Within a minute, the one bubble in the glass was gone… so was like drinking a flavored water… Many peeps drink their canned stuff and claim its good… maybe they have their gas for the taps turned down to 1 PSI?
I bring them samples of mine… I like to keep their friendship and grains in my repertoire…
Sneezles61