Sulfate, SO4-S 7
Chloride, Cl 13
Carbonate, CO3 < 1.0
Bicarbonate, HCO3 132
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 109
Total Phosphorus, P 0.01
Total Iron, Fe < 0.01
“<” - Not Detected / Below Detection Limit

Excellent starting point. Just need to learn to acidify properly to neutralize the high alkalinity.

That’s pretty good water. Very similar to my well water. It’s great for darker beers. I’ve found it’s fine for everything except the lightest styles like a pilsner. For that I use distilled and build it up per brunwater.

Speaking of which, get a copy of Brunwater and plug in your water analysis. Read the water knowledge section. Then read it a couple more times. There are other water programs out there. I’ve only used brunwater.

Wow, that’s soft. You can make every style with that water – just add a little chloride if you want to accentuate malt, and sulfate for bitterness. Great water.

Thanks guys . I will probably have some new questions once I put everything into brew in water. Got one already when you have to pick a brew style how do I match that to what t I am brewing

Over to the right there is a SRM chart. For options I use the color rather than a specific city profile. Then I decide what I want from the beer (hoppy, balanced, malty) The only time I stray from this is for pale ale and American lagers as there is a specific water profile for those beers.

Hmmm. Never imagined that homebrewing would lead to feelings of jealousy toward someone’s water… :smiley:

Haha I was thinking the same thing!

Hey thanks guys makes me feel better . Now I just need to figure out how to use brew n water. How’s my ph ?

The Ph of your water is meaningless.

Didn’t thAt affect the mash ph

No not really, what matters much more are the grain bill and the alkalinity

https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/water-knowledge

gdtechvw is correct. Raw water pH doesn’t matter in the slightest. Ignore.

Cool thanks