Good Late Winter/Early Spring Beers

Any suggestions for a good late winter/early spring brew to get going now and be ready by late February/early March? Beginner Brewer here so nothing too extravagant. Thank you!

'Tis the season for Irish red ale – St. Patty’s Day is right around the corner. A stout would also be a good idea for the same occasion.

+1 to that!
If you like dry irish stout, it’s a great beer for beginners - IMHO, it’s a great beer for anyone. I haven’t had any on tap since last year and I’m getting eager to brew one up myself.

I two love my stouts and spring is a great time for them, but might i add the MAIBOCK, Brewed as a spring beer. simple recipe. EXTRACT RECIPE. 8LBS PILSNER LME 4 LBS MUNICH LME. HOPS MAGNUM 0.56 OZ YEAST SAFLAGER S-23 FERMENT AT 50

[quote=“dmtaylo2”]'Tis the season for Irish red ale – St. Patty’s Day is right around the corner. A stout would also be a good idea for the same occasion.[/quote]+1
Just brewed an Irish red yesterday. Irish stout coming soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just tapped an Irish stout myself. I’m making an IPA next though. I can never get enough of that stuff. I usually start brewing my lawnmower beers around April. In the winter I experiment with extract batches, I do all grain outside during spring summer and fall. Made a Belgian Ale and a Rye Pale in the last couple of weeks. Have to keep the kegerator stocked.

A Maibock would be good to start right now.