Gonna be a good week!

Depends where you live. Seattle nice place for a porter. Florida not so much

You guys have your lawnmower beers. Here in N Illinois we have snowblower beers this time of year.

3 Likes

Touche…

It’s funny, I’ve had some very good barrel aged stouts/barleywines/old ales from California. Every time I have one, I end up asking myself “What insane brewer is hanging out in San Diego thinking ‘It’s 80 degrees and sunny… I’m going to brew a 12% chewy stout.’”

2 Likes

Just spent the last hour reading up on Kviek…Spring Saison is in planning already with this yeast.

Same here. That’s my next project, researching porters presently, and man, are there a lot of variables. Want to have it done by late January for a friend hosting a Super Bowl party that likes “dark beers”.

Better hurry I leave my porters in fermentation about 4 weeks to let the flavours blend.

1 Like

@Braque. Heck not so much this year. I’m assuming February is going to be brutal

I started a topic… I figure a style per topic would be great… everyone could add their version.

1 Like

What for? Doesn’t it usually melt the next day, being in that balmy area? :wink: Sneezles61

Generally 3 days depending on drifts and level of packing

Heck yeah that’s a good week!! Good luck to you and your brews. :+1:t2:

Ha Sneezles that’s a good one. If it snows in March or April it usually melts fast or doesn’t stick to the concrete. Right now it has actually warmed up a bit into the 40’s for a few days, then freezing at night. A bunch of snow melted off and exposed all the dog turds in my yard…but that’s a whole different story.

1 Like

I thought I was being clever this year… tiny 5 pound dogs, who always get buried in the snow and freezing cold. So I made a snow wall around my back deck, and trained them to go on the deck instead of running out into the snow. I have now loads of tiny frozen brown lumps all over my deck.

Frozen dog turds are easier. I use a 5 iron

Don’t think my neighbor would appreciate that when he opens his pool up next year.

Yea I hate water hazards myself. Try a 3 wood. My 3 wood shot always ends in the trees

1 Like

Now you can legitimately yell ARRRRRRR as you swab the planks o’ yer poopdeck.

2 Likes

No to the dog turds on the deck…nope…uh uh…but as you can tell from my avatar picture we get some pretty hefty land mines left around our place. I trained him to go out in the fields but he gets lazy and hates the heat in the summer
so I’ll find one in the yard occasionally. He loves cold weather and happily goes further from the house even in deep snow.

Dogs. So uncouth.:kissing_cat:

Pile them up and make furniture? ALA Eddie Murphy! Sneezles61