Gone fishing. Share pictures and stories of your adventures in the wild. Anything and everything goes, as long it’s remotely connected to fishing/camping

6 Likes

Yes… trout… That’ll be a tasty treat!
Sneezles61

Had wahoo a couple of times. Can’t say it’s my favorite. Fast fish though. Can you spear hogfish there? Now that is tasty.

No spear fishing not allowed. Only fish you can shoot are lion fish. The wahoo just. Swim past us. Shot this one by accident was aming for a lion fish

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

Same problem with the lionfish in the Keys. Open season on as many as you can bag. Spearing them is OK and there is a tournament every year.

I hear they are tasty but have not tried any yet.

1 Like

I’ve had it(lionfish)a restaurant here was serving them for a while. Very tasty fish but a lot of bones /structure to pick through. A bit of a hassle.

Fishing was crap today and tomorrow is our last day up north. Well, it’s like when we leave Thailand every year. ”There is always next year”

1 Like

Do think they taste. Like. Flounder. But with garlic everything taste good. Down fall. You need to catch lots of lionfish. To create a mail. Not lots of meat on them. Actually. Pain to clean. Carefull you dont get stung

Lots of bones to me means don’t eat it. I get one bone and I’m all done.

1 Like

The reason I don’t like eating Northerns from up here… Too many bones… by the time you dig them out eating… the fish is cold… If you fillet them out whilst cleaning them… then theres not much fish left… And I believe its Gods slimmy-est fish…
Sneezles61

Yeah i love catching pike but generally release them. You can poach them but nearly impossible to fillet. For all you fishermen i just read a great book

1 Like

Nice cut throat Trout. Fly fishing in Montana last month

6 Likes

Nice perch cought by my wife up north.

5 Likes

Dang, that is a big perch! I don’t think they get that big here in the states.

1 Like

Looks like a yellow perch. What did it weigh. Years ago my son caught one in candlewood lake in CT looked about that size. They have a lot of competition and up north your allowed 30 a day so they stay smaller.

1 Like

Yes, very nice fish!.. I think a bit further West of here, the farmers have big ponds/puddles in their vast acreage’s and they harvest big perch like that in the winter on the ice… Where I’m at… the Pikes keep them small…
Beer battered fillets?
Sneezles61

They are treated like an invasive species. Just recently they are being investigated as a native. The browns and are actually the invasives in the US

I think it might have been about 800gr or so, and i like to think mine were better😉 My pb is 1500gr in a lake up north, close to the Finnish border.

As luck would have it, we managed to stay away from pike this year. I’m not much for eating fish, so my wife will probably cook it it Thai-style.

1 Like