Gone fishing. Share pictures and stories of your adventures in the wild. Anything and everything goes, as long it’s remotely connected to fishing/camping

My sister has some blogs with our relatives, they visit almost weekly…
Sneezles61

No fishing, but my recent camping trip to the Sierra Ancha Wilderness. Great night in the middle of nowhere and hike to Devils Chasm ruins.

4 Likes

Wow, looks great! I trust you had a great time and a few brews​:+1:t2::beer:

1 Like

Hammarstrand isn’t to far away from Stockholm, it’s only about 500 kilometers.

1 Like

I’ll need to get out a map and look… Picture of the Artic Circle sign? Maybe?
Sneezles61

Pictures from my 2015 Rim-to-Rim hike across the Grand Canyon. I took 5 days camping below the rim. This was probably my 20th backcountry trip into the canyon.

5 Likes

One more adventure. Waking up at Monument Valley and the view from my camp site.

4 Likes

Ok… one more adventure. Waipi’o Hawaii on the big island backcountry trip to Waiamanu Valley.

4 Likes

I did a non-motor rafting trip from the start of the Grand Canyon to the deepest part. It took a week and is a life highlight. My biggest regret was not taking the second week to exit the canyon.

Beautiful pictures… thank you!
Sneezles61

South Padre, TX. Never fished the ocean surf but not much different than surf fishing Lake Michigan other the salt water varieties seem to just grab the bait and go where their freshwater cousins are a little more fussy about the tackle.
Edit- I fished with some of your Minnesotans @sneezles61. Great people!

6 Likes

I didn’t see any Walleyes? :slight_smile:
I’ll call them… SnowBirds! :joy:
As long as you could chill them down at night, I trust thats why it was fun!
Is that concrete right up to the shore line?
Sneezles61

No, the concrete doesn’t go up to the water and no Wallys. Whiting, Redfish, and a Pompano.

3 Likes

I’ll bet it was a nice break… getting out of the deep freezer!
Sneezles61

1 Like

So, anyone with a great plan for this summer? I’ll be stocking up on my lures, since the old ball in chain and i have decided to revisit Slagnäs again. This time we’ve opted for two weeks of fishing and picking cloudberries.

1 Like

jealous. I might not get a chance to go fishing. I’m thinking about getting a rod and reel for some saltwater marina style fishing because my shop is 300 ft from the ocean and it would be so easy to go at lunch.

1 Like

The wife and i are back up in the north of Sweden, got this what i think is called trout today. Big fish

5 Likes

And also we’ve picked cloud berries👍🏻

4 Likes

Nice nice

A wahoo. Using a spear gun while diving