Gluten Free Beer

I am getting back to brewing. I have been out of the game for awhile, but I am back to brewing every weekend. My wife, AKA The Warden, is one of those gluten free people. I am looking for a good gluten free extract kit that both of use will enjoy. I already ordered the Brewer’s Best gluten free ale kit, but it doesn’t look that great.

Do any of you have any good experiences with a gluten free kit?

It is nice to be brewing every week again. :slight_smile:

My wife was diagnosed with Celiac’s last year and is also one of those who cannot tolerate glutens. We have tried several gluten free beers and they all suck IMO and hers. She is now a wino. Good luck with your search.

Try this stuff.

http://www.whitelabs.com/other-products ... arity-ferm

not a homebrew but Omission Pale Ale by Widmer Brothers is not a bad beer

I keep them around for when my celiac daughter visits. I would never suspect it’s GF.

not a homebrew but Omission Pale Ale by Widmer Brothers is not a bad beer

I keep them around for when my celiac daughter visits. I would never suspect it’s GF.[/quote]I agree, it’s not bad but it is gluten removed and not gluten free. I suspect they are treating it with the product posted in the link above.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I spent $40 on a kit that is going to suck. I will give it a try and report back with the findings.

I doubt you can get it where you are, but there’s a GF brewery in Portland named Harvester. They make some very good GF beers, including a dubbel named St. Denny! :wink:

I doubt you can get it where you are, but there’s a GF brewery in Portland named Harvester. They make some very good GF beers, including a dubbel named St. Denny! :wink: [/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. I like the name!

What about the sorghum based beers out there?