GLBC going downhill?

I’m not sure if it’s just my tastes have changed or what but the last few of the bigger beers this year from GLBC that I’ve had seem underattenuated. Off the top of my head, Chillwave seemed much sweeter this year and Blackout Stout tasted more like a milk stout than a RIS. Not sure how many people on this board regularly drink their beers but wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Back in October I had their Oktoberfest on tap and thought the exact same thing. It was AWFUL!

Sad really because I used to be fond of their beer…

[quote=“Loopie Beer”]Back in October I had their Oktoberfest on tap and thought the exact same thing. It was AWFUL!

Sad really because I used to be fond of their beer…[/quote]

That’s interesting. I had their Oktoberfest this year both on tap and in bottles and thought it was as good as last year. Maybe they have some quality control issues…

This is sad to hear, I go to Cleveland every couple years and enjoy GLBC beers. Hopefully they can fix any issues there having.

Matt what do you think about the hoyer / Johnny football drama. I’m a big brownies fan and am just glad that there doing better than normal. But I’m not sure who I want us to start, I guess we will see on Sunday what Johnny football is made of.

[quote=“gdtechvw”]This is sad to hear, I go to Cleveland every couple years and enjoy GLBC beers. Hopefully they can fix any issues there having.

Matt what do you think about the hoyer / Johnny football drama. I’m a big brownies fan and am just glad that there doing better than normal. But I’m not sure who I want us to start, I guess we will see on Sunday what Johnny football is made of.[/quote]

I just want to win football games. I don’t care who starts. The problem was Hoyer was looking bad even when we were winning. The defense was keeping us in games. When we started losing it was only a matter of time before he was going to get yanked. I was never a fan of drafting Manziel and really wanted Hoyer to be our guy but can say with confidence he should not be starting for this team anymore. Since the Jacksonville game, the Browns have been winning in spite of him not because of him. I hate changing QBs as much as the next guy but keeping him in there is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results)

I feel the same way i was backing hoyer all year too, but he just seems like he lost all his confidence. I hope manziel drops his attitude and plays sound football. All we need is a average qb and we will win alot of games. The good news is we are a very young team.

I hope it’s just your palate changing. I’ve only gotten to have Burning River and Nosferatu this year and thought they were as good as usual. Unfortunately since United pulled my former go-to flights from CLE, I haven’t been able to get back there. On the bright side, I’m Gold on American now. :?

[quote=“mattnaik”][quote=“Loopie Beer”]Back in October I had their Oktoberfest on tap and thought the exact same thing. It was AWFUL!

Sad really because I used to be fond of their beer…[/quote]

That’s interesting. I had their Oktoberfest this year both on tap and in bottles and thought it was as good as last year. Maybe they have some quality control issues…[/quote]

Maybe so. Oddly a friend of mine who also brews beer said to me (without my influence) a couple days later that he had their ofest and it tasted “sweet, as if it were underattenuated.”. Maybe our area got a bad batch.