Ghost pepper brown ale?

Yup. And it was delicious! I’ll be back to my favorite taproom for another soon.

REAL Ghost Pepper?? Was it hot? I’m a big fan of all things filled with capsaicin. I’ve even been known to bite into a Ghost pepper and even tried a Bhut Joloka wing sauce.

[quote=“HellBound”]I’ve even been known to bite into a Ghost pepper[/quote]Hottest I’ve eaten out of hand was a habanero, never tried a ghost on it’s own - did it raise a blister?

HA, not quite but it was danged HOT!! I doubt it’s something I’ll do on a regular, half a pepper was hell the next day!!! But I snack on Habaneros all the time. i even chop em up and put in my scrambled eggs.

Damn, that’s ricockulous. I’ve only had a jalapeno pepper ale, and it’s not crazy spicy or anything, but as spicy as it needed to be. Why would you make a ghost pepper ale…that’s insane.

I dice and cook whole habaneros in my scrambles, too. So on that note I’d say the beer, and I’m assuming they used real ghost peppers, was simply spicy. A long, long finish with the spice. I could’ve had two and been at the Green Dragon for two or three hours that way. Heading back tomorrow night for a follow-up.

I’d say one ghost pepper in a 10 barrel batch would be about right.

I haven’t seen a pepper beer in a brown ale base, it seems kind of incompatible.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]I’d say one ghost pepper in a 10 barrel batch would be about right.

I haven’t seen a pepper beer in a brown ale base, it seems kind of incompatible.[/quote]

You would think so. That’s what piqued my interest. Astonishingly wonderful.

I had a Habenero Amber Ale not too long ago that the guy that owns the LHBS brewed that was delicious. I actually didn’t think I could like a pepper beer that much.

I’ve had quite a few peppered beers that I like to varied scales.

I was just thinking that a real ghost pepper would have to be used to such a small level in order for the beer to be drinkable.