Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Getting extract boil over off your stove top?

Anyone got any advice for this?
I just have a couple little blotches here and there from a smaller boil over a while back. Didn’t clean it right away and let the boil finish before trying to scrub it off. Bad idea; it’s on there pretty good and is not coming off. Dish soap, cleaning spay, bleach…nothing. I guess I could try one of those metal scrubbing pads.

I would go with a green scrubbing pad before a metal one.

Have you tried to let some hot water sit on it for a bit to soften it up? Lay a rag over it and keep it warm/wet.

How about Soft Scrub with a green pad? That’s what I use on my glass stove top.

A mild acid? Maybe try vinegar, straight, or dilute it some. Good luck.

i use some orange cleaner in the spray bottle. its orange color, smells of orange, and is pretty acidic. let it soak for a few hours, then wipe it off with some elbow grease

I find that the extra strength Mr.clean magic erasers take off a lot of my beer messes.

If you can remove the whole top, bring it out side and give it a heavy spray of oven cleaner. Let it sit 15-30 minutes then use a scotch brite pad on it.

If not, do the same thing inside but open windows and doors and be careful of the overspray.

Barkeepers friend on a damp rag should take it right off.

windex

i jest

[quote=“darthmorgoth”]windex

i jest[/quote]

So, you’re not Greek, are you? Just remembering the movie.

I just move every couple of years.

[quote=“Belpaire”]If you can remove the whole top, bring it out side and give it a heavy spray of oven cleaner. Let it sit 15-30 minutes then use a scotch brite pad on it.

If not, do the same thing inside but open windows and doors and be careful of the overspray.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. That oven cleaner stuff is potent!

If it’s a Porcelain coated stove top, there’s a specific cleaner sold at appliance stores that won’t damage the surface. I’ve found it to work fairly well. Lemon juice(seriously) works well. I Chef friend of mine told me they have to lock it up otherwise the cleaning crew will steal it.

Glass tops, Use a razor blade a scrape it off carefully, The glass it harder than the steel. then use the specific glass top cleaner. Again, lemon juice also works fairly well.

Good luck

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com