Fully Automated Bottle Washing

Went to full automation bottle washing at the Brewery! Finally hit the Big Time! :mrgreen:

Where’s the automated part?

his wife is off picture.

his wife is off picture.[/quote]
Man…that’s bad. I don’t see the fully automated part either.

My dishwasher fits 2 cases of bottles. I can set the timer and bottle when I get home.

his wife is off picture.[/quote]

Lol, I thought that too when this thread first came up yesterday, but thought I shouldn’t post that. Glad somebody else did!

Joke was I bought a bottle washing jet!It would be nice if the old lady would
chip in, not going to happen though!

I would not trust the dishwasher to get crud out from the bottles.

Dishwasher’s are great for sanitizing. Not for washing.

I ‘automated’ bottling with my 19 year old daughter a couple weeks ago when she was home for spring break. We bottled a rye porter and I asked her to put RP on the caps with a marker. I got some very creative bottle caps out of it, most of which would not be repeatable in polite company as they say… :roll:

[quote=“Ernie”]Joke was I bought a bottle washing jet!It would be nice if the old lady would
chip in, not going to happen though![/quote]

So, does your “automated” washer recirculate your cleaning solution, ( from the cooler?), or is it a “total loss” system?

[quote=“Stealthcruiser”][quote=“Ernie”]Joke was I bought a bottle washing jet!It would be nice if the old lady would

So, does your “automated” washer recirculate your cleaning solution, ( from the cooler?), or is it a “total loss” system?[/quote]

You know, with 30+ cases of wine bottles to wash, I think I’m going to build an real automatic bottle washer. Anybody ever seen one that could wash 12 bottles at a time? Inside and out?

[quote=“fightdman”][quote=“Stealthcruiser”][quote=“Ernie”]Joke was I bought a bottle washing jet!It would be nice if the old lady would

So, does your “automated” washer recirculate your cleaning solution, ( from the cooler?), or is it a “total loss” system?[/quote]

You know, with 30+ cases of wine bottles to wash, I think I’m going to build an real automatic bottle washer. Anybody ever seen one that could wash 12 bottles at a time? Inside and out?[/quote]

Post it up as / when you are building it…You could use an inverted Rubbermaid “tote” to cover everything and contain your bottle exterior “spray”, catch it all in your drip pan, and recirculate it.

I got faith in ya’! :cheers:

:shock: It’s like you are reading my mind! AAAaaggggghh get out of my head!

Well, not exactly. I wasn’t going to invert the tote. You’ll see when I post the build.

Question to any who care: Should I start a new thread or just post to this one? Don’t want to commit a forum faux pas.

You could do it in the “D I Y” section, although I don’t think most would care if you added to this thread.

It just might make it more “searchable” in the D I Y section, should someone be contemplating the same thing.