Fruit wine spritzer

I have some fruit wines ciders and meads that sometimes i enjoy by topping up with seltzer. I hav friends who also drink those commercial seltzers who will enjoy these. Im wondering the best way to do this. Should i just water them down and keg carbonate or add water before fermentation to weaken them? What im doing know is bottling them ful strength just wondering what the difference would be and opening this for discussion

With summer coming up I think that your home made seltzers would be a nice refreshing beverage “watered down” a little. Might take a little experimentation to get a balance between wimpy and too strong. I force carbonated a cider once that was tasty, especially over ice, but you would end up on the floor quickly.

Maybe dilute samples still then taste and get a gravity reading to check the ABV before keg and carb.

Maybe just have a keg of carbed water, then apply a shot of fruit wine?
Sneezles61

this is somthing ive thought about doing since we go through alot of those soda stream tanks which are wicked expensive

I’ve told my wife I’d get a “sparkling water” going for her… Today I best my keezer situation sorted… and get busy again… Ever try a wine all carbed up?
Sneezles61

i have carbonated mead and whites. The problem with water is room and the level of carbonation is much higher so would need to regulate that. My wines are 10-13% so diluting them with like 1/3 seltzer should get them to maybe 5 or 6% so still not wimpy.

1 Like

Sneezles-All my wines go into kegs with nitro gas (75%N2, 25% CO2). Usually just have a couple pounds on them to get em out of keg and use short lines. I have found that if you have a wine and you want it to have a fresher taste to it, just up the pressure a bit. I have only done this higher pressure on white wines for the wife. It seems sacrilegious to do it on a napa valley cab or merlot :slight_smile:

1 Like