Fruit purée?

Hello I brew 3.5gal BIAB batch’s of beer. So I want to brew my first fruit beer but I not sure how much canned fruit purée to add to a 3 to 3.5gal batch of beer the canned fruit I want to use is tart cherry or raspberry.

Trial and error…
Rack out of the primary, then add one can whilst in the secondary… Too much? Not enough?.. The next time you change…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Usually a good starting point is 1lb per gallon of beer. Keep in mind stronger fruits like raspberry will be much more noticeable than a lighter fruit. Also your base style matters. The amount used in a dark beer might overwhelm a light beer.
Also, we’ve had great success utilizing Amoretti concentrated purées . You’ll also get much less waste.

1 Like

I do 5.5 gallon batches. Do add. 3 cans of fruit.puree. its indeed trail and error taste wise. Our host. Sells cans of fruit puree.

2 Likes

I’m going to try this out in a batch. This is a concentrate that if fermented on its own would be 17-18%

2 Likes

Squeegee, that is of interest… How does it taste? I’ll bet there is alot of sugar to balance out the “tartness” of the rhubarb… even in concentrate…
Sneezles61

The Rhubarb syrup pretty sweet. You mix it 1 part to 4 parts water to water a drink. They also sell Lingon Berry, Blueberry and Elderflower.