Frickin' UPS

I’ve had a few orders in a row get delayed by UPS

Luckily this time there’s nothing that can’t sit over the weekend. I’m just venting on UPS.

Obviously something like that stinks, but how many other deliveries have you received on time? I see very few posts about packages being delivered on time
UPS handles a very large number of packages every day and even if only a very small percentage go astray it is a large number of packages and if even one is yours that’s one too many.

Long ago, I stopped using both UPS and FedEx when I ship stuff out.
Too many problems with both (lost or misdirected/mis-delivered packages, multiple times).
My solution was the Postal Service. They take a lot of heat, and I know people bitch about them a lot…but I’ve never had a problem and have actually found them to be more dependable than any of the ‘premium’ carriers, and at a fraction of the cost (I ship frequently to overseas clients, and the Postal Service gets my packages delivered faster than UPS or FedEx, and at about 1/3 the cost on average).
Maybe the comparatively low prices for Postal services is the reason the agency can’t seem to get out of the black.

Hey, that’s better than them telling you they delivered it and it’s no where to be found. That’s happened to me a couple of times recently. I called them the first time, and they told me to go look in the bushes :roll:

I’ve had usps say they delivered a package(5 lbs of hops) it was no where to be found. I called waited on hold for ever never got to talk to anyone. Filled out a complaint online they called me the next day and were no help, told me someone must have stole it. Contacted the seller ( hop heaven) and he reshiped me all the hops( he was great to deal with ) the showed up a few days later. 5-6 weeks later another package showed up, guess what it was the first package.

[quote=“The Professor”]Long ago, I stopped using both UPS and FedEx when I ship stuff out.
Too many problems with both (lost or misdirected/mis-delivered packages, multiple times).
My solution was the Postal Service. They take a lot of heat, and I know people bitch about them a lot…but I’ve never had a problem and have actually found them to be more dependable than any of the ‘premium’ carriers, and at a fraction of the cost (I ship frequently to overseas clients, and the Postal Service gets my packages delivered faster than UPS or FedEx, and at about 1/3 the cost on average).
Maybe the comparatively low prices for Postal services is the reason the agency can’t seem to get out of the black.[/quote]
Prof once again I agree with you. UPS is down right awful. I have had packages sitting in the warehouse for days for no reason (confirmed via tracking). But what clenched for me was once I purchased rims/tires online. By THEIR mistake they sent one a thousand miles away. Oddly they didn’t understand that I couldn’t drive my car with only three tires. They DIDN’T care whatsoever and made absolutely no attempts to correct their mistake. Infact, they made me wait a whole week before sending it back, only to sit in their warehouse a whole day (delivered at 2am to the warehouse and they couldn’t put it on the truck for the next day). This coupled with some experiences from a business I worked for… NEVER again. I will pay extra to not use them. If the store only offers UPS I don’t shop there.

From my experience, FedEx is much worse than UPS. What I really hate though is UPS smart post. This is where they get it to within a stone’s throw from your house and then transfer it over to the post office for delivery in yet another lost business day. I usually pay a wee bit more to have them ship it direct.

We actually had a package transferred from UPS to the USPS for delivery like that to our UPS mailbox we have at our winter home. Go figure? I know they are franchise stores but it seemed ironic they used the USPS to deliver to themselves :lol:

We don’t have home mail delivery in my home town (long story). So all of our mail goes to the PO and we all have PO boxes. I have found that shipping via the USPS is way too expensive. Especially when NB and AHB offer $7.99 or $6.99 flat rate shipping through UPS

I have had issues with UPS. But nothing that hasn’t been dealt with to more than my satisfaction either by them or the people who sent the package. I worked for several years in the shipping/receiving department of one of my previous employers. I learned that Second-Day and Next-Day Air get top priority from UPS. If you’re going to be shipping Ground then it’s best to allow a couple extra days for delivery. Then there aren’t any surprises or disappointments.

I work for a big shipping company one of the above named. I think people are always blaming ups and fedx with little knowledge of how shipping works. Often it is simple mistakes made by the place people order from. Mistyped address wrong zip computer error’s that delay your package. Not the delivery company.

I’ve seen this one before and Inclement weather delay. Both made me mad. I guess it is what it is. Just makes you wonder if they are abusing the excuses or not.

Maybe sometimes…but not always. The instances I experienced were acknowledged by both carriers as their own fault and were bad enough (and in one of the FedEx instances, careless enough) that it was a “three strikes and you’re out” thing for me.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky with the Postal Service…but sinced I switched I haven’t had a single problem, whether the package was going to Maryland or Mumbai. And the cost savings is almost unbelievable.

Maybe sometimes…but not always. The instances I experienced were acknowledged by both carriers as their own fault and were bad enough (and in one of the FedEx instances, careless enough) that it was a “three strikes and you’re out” thing for me.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky with the Postal Service…but sinced I switched I haven’t had a single problem, whether the package was going to Maryland or Mumbai. And the cost savings is almost unbelievable.[/quote]

Yes I agree not always. But people would be surprised how often it is the company people order from that has delayed them getting their stuff. On the three strikes and your out I’m guess was package needing a signature and they made three attempts and then a option of picking it up or they return to shipper wish is a bad deal cause with work and life we can’t always be home to sign for them. Weather delay is the weather road conditions have delayed your shippment often weather is a danger and makes travel to people home a dangerous winter ice roads flooded roads . One thing that will help is when you order put your phone number on the box along with your address. That way if there is bad weather the driver can call and possibly maybe meet you or make arrangements to drop your packages off at a safe place like a family members , your work

I got a text alert on this package today ~10 days after delivery.

Looks like NB is requesting a refund on shipping. Good for them. I’m glad to see them keeping an eye out, and not just fire-and-forget shipping.