Fresh keg beer is a very good thing. That is all

:cheers:

+1

I’ve been conducting some similar research today and I can confirm your findings.

I too have been doing some research and although I was clearly ready to declare the same idea, I believe more research is necessary… but it looks promising!

[quote=“Ken Lenard”]I too have been doing some research and although I was clearly ready to declare the same idea, I believe more research is necessary… but it looks promising!

:cheers: [/quote]

yes, I believe that is appropriate.

prior to being keg saved, i would have been one of the deniers; a follower of the bottle, prone to it’s thoughts and teachings.

the caps have fallen from mine eyes an lo!

all praise be to keg!

[quote=“darthmorgoth”]prior to being keg saved, i would have been one of the deniers; a follower of the bottle, prone to it’s thoughts and teachings.

the caps have fallen from mine eyes an lo!

all praise be to keg![/quote]

PTK.

If this were facebook, I would “like” this.

I just bottled my first homebrew this afternoon with the assistance of my kids… My 10 year old son filled bottles while my 12 year old daughter capped.

What’s so hard about bottling…?

I concur! Just kegged a Helles and an Altbier :smiley:

[quote=“n0BreW0b”]I just bottled my first homebrew this afternoon with the assistance of my kids… My 10 year old son filled bottles while my 12 year old daughter capped.

What’s so hard about bottling…?

[/quote]

Hard? Not really “hard”, but time-consuming. Instead of washing, rinsing, and sanitizing 40-50 bottles, now I only have to do one. And every pint is consistent, instead of each bottle priming individually.

To me, the ease-of-use and time savings were awesome (especially the more you brew), and for some reason, the beer always seemed to taste better coming out of a keg.

In the beggining, there were many bottles, and it was good. And yea, the message came down from on high that from the east, a shining keg setup would appear. And the angels sang “keg thy beer” and “bottle from thy keg.” And there were many fewer bottles and the brew wife was much pleased and bore forth two brew helpers. The hopyards hung heavy with goodness, and the cones passed through the hands of children into the kegs of golden nectar. May the rivers of beer burst forth from the taps, bringing the frothy goodness to the hand of the brewmasters.

I’m never going back to bottles, but my kegging setup played a dirty trick on me, just last night. I had just cleaned out my stout keg and racked my Helles for lagering. I got everything put away and went to pull a glass of APA, only to hear that keg sputter and fill the glass with foam. I glanced at the buckets and cornies, then ran to my iPad to check my brew schedule. Alas, my next keg won’t be ready until… late February. I missed one brew day and I guess I was enjoying the APA much more than I expected.

So, the opposite also holds true: Lack of fresh keg beer pretty much sucks.

[quote=“Gruneun”]I’m never going back to bottles, but my kegging setup played a dirty trick on me, just last night. I had just cleaned out my stout keg and racked my Helles for lagering. I got everything put away and went to pull a glass of APA, only to hear that keg sputter and fill the glass with foam. I glanced at the buckets and cornies, then ran to my iPad to check my brew schedule. Alas, my next keg won’t be ready until… late February. I missed one brew day and I guess I was enjoying the APA much more than I expected.

So, the opposite also holds true: Lack of fresh keg beer pretty much sucks.[/quote]

If my current (and first) keg lasts for another 2 weeks, my second will be ready. If it last 2-4 weeks, my 3d and 4th will be ready. Hopefully, if all goes well, I won’t have to suffer your pain.

cheers.

I’m a believer and I must agree with the rest. “Fresh keg beer is a very good thing”… in accordance with the scriptures. Let this be your sending. Go now and spread thine word.

Beer is good and all paths lead to beer. No path is the wrong path and each must find his own. :cheers:

Just as long as all paths end in my belly.

[quote=“Gruneun”]I’m never going back to bottles, but my kegging setup played a dirty trick on me, just last night. I had just cleaned out my stout keg and racked my Helles for lagering. I got everything put away and went to pull a glass of APA, only to hear that keg sputter and fill the glass with foam. I glanced at the buckets and cornies, then ran to my iPad to check my brew schedule. Alas, my next keg won’t be ready until… late February. I missed one brew day and I guess I was enjoying the APA much more than I expected.

So, the opposite also holds true: Lack of fresh keg beer pretty much sucks.[/quote]

Sounds like you need to brew a quick turn around, low gravity, session beer. The most recent Zymurgy has an article and a few recipes about this. From brew kettle to keg in something like 7-14 days.

Oh yeah… and keggin kicks ass! :smiley:

• X
    where X= however many people agreed with the initial post, plus 1.

And I just broke down and bought a Beergun so I can disguise my kegged beer in bottles.