Forum Tab

What happened to the forum tab at the top of your web page? It used to be up on the top of the page.

I was surprised by the disappearance when I tried to log in while down South on a different computer. Have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the web page to find the hidden forum.

That’s the way it’s been on my computer since the new format change.

Had to search my self. As well

Disappointing.

It seems as though they needed to make room for the new “Speciality” tab and something had to go.

Personally, I would have have gotten rid of the long-abandoned, but still missed, BrewingTV. Tab. Or I would have folded “Kegging and Bottling” under “Equipment”

Still, I guess it’s to be expected. They’ve been trending away from the not-tied-directly-to-sales features for a while now. The forum has been drying up for a while too. I won’t blame the InBev purchase; the trend started before that.

I was rather confused when I went to login this morning as well. I wonder if it will be permanent?

:beers:
Rad

Me could not find. It did replace with blog. So had to type forum. And it did show up. Sort of enjoying

Guys (flars excluded since it wasn’t on his digital device) - since the days of Netscape Navigator (1995-ish), web browsers have had this feature called bookmarks. Or, for those who grew up in the ‘digital age’, just type ‘northern brewer forum’ in the address bar. Now run along and brew something interesting.

Lots of interesting discussion over at reddit and AHA forums on non-standard batch sizes, people loving one gallon batches :open_mouth:, and shorter brew days (20 minute mashes, 20 minute boils, hop-bursted APA/IPAs using DME+steep). Everyone here seems to be in a rush to get to five gallon all grain :disappointed:.

Maybe the upcoming updated edition of How to Brew will kick-start some interesting discussion here. I’m anticipating the book will dive into the details behind the recipes from AHA’s Big Brew Day (May 6th) .

The Rushmore IPA (Extract) recipe is interesting as it appears to incorporate a lot of extract brewing “best practices” that can be found in various places on the web.

Even easier just save the forum to your home screen. One click and you’re there.

Am I the only one that instinctively just types forum.northernbrewer.com into any address bar?

1 Like

The bookmark thing works after you’ve already founded the forum. I’m thinking about the noobs of the future. The poor schlubs who can’t find that link, then end up having to learn about hydrometers on the streets…

1 Like

Seems to me if you save the forum to your home screen as @voodoo_donut has said, you won’t have to go to our host’s web site first. Kind of defeats the purpose of them hosting this forum. All I wanted to know, is why they moved the tab.

One can scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and click that link if they’re so inclined.

Muscle memory sure is a weird thing though: I keep clicking the tab where the forum link used to be…hahaha.

I have the forum bookmarked in one of the tabs of the bookmark bar labeled “Beer”. The link also shows up in the center of the screen with 7 other sites I use most often. I stay logged in so no need for typing in a password. I use Chrome for my browser.