Form rules

Is it against form rules to post deals on brewing stuff that’s on sale at other places other than our host

Not against the rules
but I have always thought it was bad form.

[quote=“pinnah”]Not against the rules
but I have always thought it was bad form.[/quote]
That’s how I feel about it when people post sales and deals from other places besides our host. I have notice a few defferent post here and there and wondered if was against the rules. Out of respect for our host and the many deals and sales they offer us along with great service. I figured they might frown on the people posting things like that.

Kind of like asking your wife to pick out your new girlfriend, if you ask me.

Personally, not me. Its called capitalism and drives competition. Offer good deals if you want my business.

That may be overstating…

More like asking your boss to review help wanted ads…

Maybe you’re disloyal, and he’ll write you off; maybe he’ll see he needs to sweeten your deal if he wants to keep you.

I’ve shopped around, competitors beat NB in some areas NB wins in others. I don’t think they need to worry.

forum

Re: form rules

Personally, not me. Its called capitalism and drives competition. Offer good deals if you want my business.

How is going to your moms for thanksgiving, and telling her your friends mother makes better stuffing good for anybody??

[quote=“flcncrst”]Re: form rules

How is going to your moms for thanksgiving, and telling her your friends mother makes better stuffing good for anybody??[/quote]
People are using metaphors that are emotionally charged. Like the wife statement and now this. I like NB and recently spent $120.00 there. BUT, I’m not emotionally vested in NB. And to your point, if it makes your mother produce better stuffing how did it hurt?

I come to this forum to help the brewing community and to learn from it. If posting a link to a good deal accomplishes that then so be it. If NB sees that and wants to price their products more competitively, then they have that option.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as there are no rules or guidelines being broken.

I have mentioned vendors that do not directly compete with NB (e.g., bulk hops). For illustration purposes, I have added links to unique products that NB does not sell. I do think it’s bad form to advertise deals offered by direct competitors. But as far as I know, there are no rules preventing it and I have never seen evidence of any company representatives policing content–which I have always respected.

The mods sure have had their hands full with loads of spam in the last year or so!