Forgot Corn Syrup in Black IPA

I am making the Black IPA extract kit

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/blac ... t-kit.html

I got it all into the carboy minus the yeast. I looked at the box and realized I forgot the corn syrup. I am thinking that I take some of the wort out, reboil, shut it off, and stir in the corn syrup, cool it, get it all back into the carboy again. Pitch the yeast.

Any other thoughts?

:?:

I would get the beer fermenting first. Then add the corn syrup directly to the fermenter.

[quote=“Brewbeer22”]I would get the beer fermenting first. Then add the corn syrup directly to the fermenter.[/quote]+1 Give the yeast the first shot at the beer. I add sugar to active primaries all the time.

+1 to everybody else. Also, you don’t even really have to stir. With an active fermentation going on, the yeast will go find the sugar and mix everything all up for you. People do this on purpose trying to achieve better attenuation on beers that have simple sugars in them all the time.

Any suggestion on how long to wait? The air lock has been pretty active for 2 days now.

I’ve never added a simple sugar post boil. But 2-3 days seems like a good point. The yeast are just about through the grain sugars and will be going dormant soon. Add the new sugars while they are still active.