For sale: Full AG setup - Stand, kettles, pump, chiller, etc

Short & Sweet - work, family, and kid responsibilities are pushing me towards either retiring… or semi-retiring (switching to a different setup), perhaps until the kids are quite a bit older. Either way, the first step is to sell my existing setup.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/f ... 59850.html

Cheers, folks.

Don’t do it!

Put your gear in storage and forget about if you have to. But don’t get rid of it completely. You might come back in a year or so and dive back into the hobby. Plus if you sell, you won’t get back anything close to what you put into it.

I have taken more than a year off on at least two occasions and I am so glad I held on to my stuff.

What? Don’t sell it, man. Hang on to it until you come back to it some day. You’ll regret it. And seriously, you don’t have ANY time to make for brewing the occasional batch? Ya can’t be that busy, unless you’re working 60-80 hour work weeks…

I did this for a month before I started looking for a new job. A Fortune 15 company that works its employees like dogs. It was brutal.

Wow, that’s a nice setup too. Hey, I did the same thing years back, sold my rig to a kid in Columbus so he started off real nice. About 2 yrs later I got the bug again and built a new rig… of course bigger, better, more expensive gadgets.

Hope it works out for you short AND long term. I get it though, family comes first. Hobbies are down a ways on that list.

:frowning:

It’s a difficult decision. I live in a small house with a giant rig, so already crunched on space making long-term storage a tough sell; I’ve got time demands of job + wife + kids; and I’ve got a climate that’s not hospitable for brewing outside 4-6 months of the year. Plus, now I’m on the radar for nosy neighbors / the fire department
http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122731

I’m looking into electric brewing indoors, but it might not be reasonable for months or years. Again, the aforementioned small house issue.

So… yeah.
:frowning:

Sorry to hear that.

Very nice setup and a descriptive ad! Good luck to you and hope to see you back… :cheers:

“The mesh-like top is entirely stainless”

Really nice setup you have there!

Where did you find the Stainless mesh top for the grill?
A buddy of mine is building one and thought it was a great idea.

I know that you have other reasons besides time, but I DO work 75-80 hours a week 10 months out of the year and 40 hours a week the other two and I still find time to make 8-10 batches a year. It can be done even with all that you are juggling right now. I am really curious as to what is going on with you neighbors and the fire department. Why do they think they have any say as to whether you brew or not?

Click the link in his second post. He was getting stalked by the fire dept when brewing in his garage.

Tell you what…I will pick it up and use it until you need it back :slight_smile: LOL… Problem solved.

Good luck with the sale…

[quote=“Silentknyght”]:frowning:

It’s a difficult decision. I live in a small house with a giant rig, so already crunched on space making long-term storage a tough sell; I’ve got time demands of job + wife + kids; and I’ve got a climate that’s not hospitable for brewing outside 4-6 months of the year. Plus, now I’m on the radar for nosy neighbors / the fire department
http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122731

I’m looking into electric brewing indoors, but it might not be reasonable for months or years. Again, the aforementioned small house issue.

So… yeah.
:frowning: [/quote]
I’m with you. The last winter sucked the life out of me and I haven’t brewed since last October. A similar stand sits in the garage, but I’m waiting until the bug comes back as it eventually will. I know it’s a tough decision, but I always support those who put their family ahead of themselves, and that seems to be what’s leading your decision. Props to you for that.

Just because you sell your equipment, doesn’t mean that you have to give up on the hobby entirely. Save some fermenting stuff and find someone who brews 10+ gallons to split a batch. When I eventually get back into it (probably when I finish out a space for an electric brewery in the basement) I’ll be looking for someone to take that extra five gallons off my hands. It would even be nice if I had someone to take five home with them instead of fermenting and packaging it for friends and neighbors. I know there are more guys like me out there, who have a system that makes 10+ gallons, but never drink all that beer before it starts to fad.

Wow I would seriously reconsider! Why don’t you store all that great equipment, and do smaller batches on the stove when you can find time. Last winter when I couldn’t get to the garage because of weather, I did 3 gal BIAB batches using a 5 gal round cooler, cooked on the stove, then used my coil cooler at the sink. I even think it took less time although I didn’t time it. I just kept it simple. I would cry seeing all my time, thoughts and ideas, plus all that great stuff go away. And it was said you won’t get the money back either.

Man teach a friend with space and let him borrow the rig. Don’t let it go!!!

Mr. Octabird
American Made!

Andrew, saw you were lurking around and didn’t want to hijack a thread. Just wanted to welcome ya back!

IDK, go back to extract just to keep brewing?

I have a gnarly job and family responsibilities. I definitely wouldn’t be able to do all grain. I consider myself lucky to brew at all. I typically try to take a few PTO days and hope one of them works for brewing.

I went small scale electric a year ago and love it. 2.5 gallons of eBIAB. It’s awesome. Equipment doesn’t take up much space, brew days are super quick and really easy. I had zero electrical experience before diving into it, researching a lot and just doing it.

just realized this is a old thread that got bumped…

Anyways, comments still ring true

[quote=“inhousebrew”]just realized this is a old thread that got bumped…

Anyways, comments still ring true[/quote]
No worries. He is still here and just posted yesterday.

Do you have a link or any info on your approach to the electric brewery? I’m researching it a bit now and would love to see your approach.