Flavoring Cider at bottling time?

I am brewing my first bath of hard cider. I have five gallons made from apple juice(2lbs brown sugar) and two gallons of fresh pressed apples I picked from a friends tree. They were greenish apples but I am not sure what kind they are but they were farely large. I was wondering if there was anything I could add to spice up my cider a bit. I tried them both a week ago. The apple juice is fairly strong and very dry with little apple flavor. The fresh juice is more appley and not as strong, also alot clearer than the juice. I wont be carbonating them either. I was also wondering if the cider from the juice will mellow out and have the apple flavor come through as it ages in glass jugs? Also is there a general time for their to be a big flavor change or is it always different. Sorry i know this is a lot questions but all replies will help. Thanks

Nothing wrong with spicing up your cider if that is what you like. People add everything from cinnamon, ginger, clove, etc. to cider. It can take quite some time for some of the flavors to blend.

I like to age my cider for a minimum of 3 months. The one I’m drinking on now is a year old.

Hmm thanks for the info. I may try spicing up one of my jugs and let it age a bit. Anyone know of a good combination of spices for a gallon of cider?