Fitting Northern Brewer Fizz Drops in a small hole

I did my first bottling the other day. I used the Northern Brewer Fizz Drops so I didn’t have to worry about priming sugar. I’m using flip top bottles because they are easier to fill when I’m solo. I found it difficult to get the drops to fit in the small hole. Any tips or suggestions?

Besides just shoving them in there the only advice I have is to switch to sugar cubes. Domino Dots are extra small in comparison and do the same thing. You will have to recalculate your priming to figure out how many dots to but in there. You can also get a smaller version of the same concept the Brewer’s Best Conditioning Tabs. The advantage of the Domino product is that you can get it at almost any grocery store and also use it in your coffee or tea.
Eventually you will switch to using a bottling bucket and bottling wand. That’s the natural evolution of the hobby.

1 Like

Xacto knife and cut them in half? Time consuming but then they will fit. @squeegeethree is right about the domino dots. Cheap, available at most grocery stores and work.

IIRC Flars’ domino dots was easy- 1 dot per 12oz bottle. So 2 dots per 22oz bottle.

Still miss him around here. He came up with simple but cool solutions to stuff.

2 Likes

Absolutely. He was a great person. And this domino thing was very clever. Elegant solution but so simple!

2 Likes