First Stage Fermenting, Star San Help!

I was doing my primary fermenting and noticed the sanitizer was pushed out of airlock. I took the air lock out for a brief moment and realized the star san was now inbetween the air lock and the plug and when I lifted the air lock the sanitizer slipped into the beer. Is my beer still drinkable or is it completely ruined because of this?

You could drink that amount of StarSan straight with no ill effects, so don’t sweat it in a batch of beer.

Just like ShadeTree said you’ll be fine. There are lots of guys that have put a heck of allot more (gallons) in their beer with no problems.

it’s all good. Starsan wont hurt your beer just refill the airlock and let it keep doing its thing.

Thanks for the responses. I was really nervous but will continue on to the end!

An alternate liquid for the air lock is a cheap bottle of vodka.

But like mentioned, you can drink a proper solution of StarSan with no ill effects.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]An alternate liquid for the air lock is a cheap bottle of vodka.

But like mentioned, you can drink a proper solution of StarSan with no ill effects.[/quote]

I mix StarSan and cheap vodka together as a shooter. :shock:

[quote=“fightdman”]I mix StarSan and cheap vodka together as a shooter.[/quote]A poor man’s yellow tail.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]An alternate liquid for the air lock is a cheap bottle of vodka.

But like mentioned, you can drink a proper solution of StarSan with no ill effects.[/quote]

I used to use vodka. I have used StarSan. Generally, though, I use tap water.

[quote=“fightdman”][quote=“Nighthawk”]
I mix StarSan and cheap vodka together as a shooter. :shock: [/quote][/quote]
I like mine in a dirty glass.