After brewing ales for decades, I decided to do 2 lagers: a German Pilsner and a Munich Helles. I need some advice on the yeast starters.
I have a dual stir plate and two 2L Erlenmeyer flasks. I’m thinking of the following:
- make a 1L starter in each flask at room temperature
- wait a day or two and cold crash it
- pour off the spent beer
- add another 1L of wort
- let it go for another day or two and cold crash it
- pour off spent beer
- warm to fermentation temp (50F-52F)
- pitch slurry into carboys
Does this sound correct? I can’t really do a 4L starter for both lagers.