First Brew in 3+ years

After taking a long break, its nice to be mashed in this morning. I forgot the smells.

Mash is a little hot at about 157 but I’m going to let it sit. Its amazing how much things change in a short while. I had no idea what BIAB stood for, etc

Brewing got to be an obsession. At one point I had 10 kegs full and ready. I strongly suggest anyone that has gone over the deep end brewing, its ok to take a break. I’m extremely excited to brew again. Towards the end, brewing got to be a chore.

Well what are you brewing?

I’m doing a simple Timothy Taylor Landlord Clone it did years ago.

I’m doing it no sparge.

11lbs of Golden Promise
.1lb Black Malt
1oz Fuggles at 60
1oz EGK @ 30
1 oz Styrian Gold @10
1 oz Styrian at knock out

wyeast 1469

my mash was high at 157ish

I planned on 65% efficiency but looks like I’ll be higher

20 minutes to go.

Welcome home.

:cheers:

And thats a rap…ended at with 5G+ @ 11brix (1.043) so I’m very happy.

My only concern is I noted my chiller has a small pinhole leak. I might have a cup or so non-boiled tap water in the wort. I hope infection isn’t an issue.

The best part of brewing might be the smells.

Now the hard part…keeping myself to 1 beer on tap, 1 on deck.

Limiting yourself to 1 on tap and one on deck is tough. Especially if you love the brewing process just as much as the end result. When I’m in that situation and get the itch I just brew a really big beer that will need to sit for a long, long time. That way you can satisfy the urge without feeling rushed to drink just to drink and move onto the next beer.

yea, i have at least 8 on tap and another 15 or so waiting and you know what? that still ain’t enough. not that i drink that much i just like to have a variety around.

[quote=“OldStyleCubFan”]And thats a rap…ended at with 5G+ @ 11brix (1.043) so I’m very happy.

My only concern is I noted my chiller has a small pinhole leak. I might have a cup or so non-boiled tap water in the wort. I hope infection isn’t an issue.

The best part of brewing might be the smells.

Now the hard part…keeping myself to 1 beer on tap, 1 on deck.[/quote]
Brew smaller batches. You’ll run out quicker and have to brew more to keep up!

:cheers: