Finding the right size freezer?

Hello I a 6.5gal Big mouth bubbler an I am try to find the smallest size chest freezer that would fit one of those. The reason I trying to find the smallest is one I only brew 5gal batch’s an I live in a apartment Small space.

Take your fermenter and place it on a piece of cardboard. Trace and cut it out. Take that piece of cardboard to the store with you.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to measure height for airlock or blow off too so you don’t have to make a collar for it.

1 Like

I’ve looked twice now.
Upright freezers tend to have non-movable shelves, with refrigerant running through them that make it hard to hold buckets.
Upright fridges can work if you don’t mind wasting the vertical space on a useless ice box.
A 5.1 cu ft chest freezer will hold one bucket with so much extra space it will make you angry, but it will not hold 2.
A 7.1 cu ft chest freezer will hold two buckets, but is a waste of space if you only want one.

I’ve read about people who build chambers around dorm fridges, I have no carpentry skill, but maybe you do…

Mine is a 7.1 CU. FT. freezer. I like it very well, thank you… It will hold 2-6.5 gallon fermenters… OR, I can sneak 3 kegs in for aging/lagering… I will also keep yeast, in one gallon jugs, on the bump too, when temp is set low… I use the Johnson A419(?) controller too. Sneezles61