Fermenting Question

I brewed a batch of the Witbier Extract 2 weeks ago and just took a peek inside the bucket for the first time.
Fermentation started within 12-15 hours after brewing and had bubbles in the airlock for about 5 days. When I looked today there was still a thick layer of what looked like krausen on top.
I used the Brewferm Blanche Ale Yeast (dry) that came with the kit. Pitched around 65 degrees and had fermentation temp at 60-64 degrees for the 2 weeks. Might have been a little on the low side for fermenting.

Question is will the krausen fall within in the next week or so if I raise the temps? Any suggestions.

Good thing is that I am drinking my first batch of Irish Red Ale and it is delicious!

Thanks
Cheers :cheers:

Rock the bucket a little and It will fall over the next few days or once you know you at final gravity just rack from under it. Raising the temp won’t hurt anything.

The krausen will fall without you doing anything. Just part of the brewing process that takes patience.
Trying to force the krausen to fall will leave you with floating hop debris that will never drop out.

[quote=“flars”]The krausen will fall without you doing anything. Just part of the brewing process that takes patience.
Trying to force the krausen to fall will leave you with floating hop debris that will never drop out.[/quote]

I disagree that trying to “force” it to fall will leave hop debris that will never drop, this has not been my experience. Waiting it out is normally the best but if you have been at terminal gravity for a few days why wait.