Fermentation Time Change with Added Fermentables

I have had a nut brown ale (from the NB extract kit) in primary for two weeks now, which is the longer end of what the recipe called for. However, I added an additional pound of brown sugar to the wort per suggestions but I was curious if this would affect the time I need to leave it in primary. I do NOT want to pull it too early and have it be sugary tasting. With that addition do I need to add any time to the ferment?
Thanks!

Have you taken a gravity reading? I would say that if it is in the range of what the recipe says it should be, and it’s been consistent for a few days then the primary is most likely done.

Be careful. Time is not the determining factor. I have a Northern English brown where 1/2 is completed and bottled, and the other half (I brew 10 gallon batches and split between 2 carboys) is still producing co2, and is 6 points above expected terminal gravity. The beer will tell you when it’s done. Gravity readings, and clearing of the beer will indicate when fermentation is complete. I learned years ago that the fermenting beer never follows the calendar.

Like homebrew said, those are general timelines. There is no real way of giving specific timelines. The beer will be ready when its ready.

I generally watch for the yeast to drop out of suspension. When I see the beer get a darker appearance at the top, and it is clearing thru out the batch where you can see clear thru my carboy, is when I start to take SG readings. Those characteristics are the signs for me. Also, that could be at any time, not calendar time. Hydrometers, PH meters and thermometers are the brewers best tools.

Unfortunately my fermenter is one of those 6.5 gallon white buckets from NB so i can’t see in… Do you think it’d be safe to open it and take a quick peek without compromising the beer?

Yes, there is a blanket of CO2 covering the beer. Remember to sanitize anything you stick in there like a thief or hydrometer.

Peek? Hell, take a gravity reading while you’re in there! That’s the ONLY way to know for sure.

Great! Thanks everyone!