Fermentation chamber

I’m thinking of building a fermentation closet maybe about 4x4 using a floor a/c / heat pump. Anyone have some input. Iv seen coolers made with window units but not with a heat pump. Will it work ?

I made one with an old dorm fridge just built a platform set the fridge on it took off the door and built a frame around it and insulated with the pink foam panels. The bottom is well insulated too. It has a door on the end and the top. It works great for ales all summer but I actually have to heat it in the winter. It won’t do lagers in the summer though. I tried to sustain a 50º temp in August and the best I got was 53º I will be able to do lagers this fall and winter with no trouble.

Here is a picture.

http://s102.photobucket.com/user/russbyrd/media/20131004_133215_zpsc45314c8.jpg.html

I like it. I always see those little fridges at tag sales.

I made one under the stairs in the basement with a wall AC unit. Since the AC unit will only dial down to 62 degrees, I fool it with a temp controller and a night light. I put the AC temp probe on the night light and use the external temp controller to cycle the light on/off which controls the AC unit. I can hold anything from 40-70 degrees.

Can’t you just plug the a/c into the temperature controller and set it for fifty two? Why do you need to trick the controller with the light?

[quote=“Brew Cat”]Can’t you just plug the a/c into the temperature controller and set it for fifty two? Why do you need to trick the controller with the light?[/quote]The ac unit will shut off when it sees 62F.